Is my daughter allergic?

neraknna

Mar 23, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Since adopting Bentley, my 15 year old daughter has mentioned that her skin gets itchy after she pets him. There is no rash, just itchy skin. Our 2 other dogs, a pug and a shitzu mix don't effect her this way. Any idea's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Is he licking her? I have never been allergic to dogs yet when Herschel licks/drools on me, I itch. I read that it is common to have a reaction to the saliva.

Sent from my PURPLE Samsung Galaxy S4.

OP
neraknna

neraknna

Mar 23, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Yes he does like a lot!!

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
I'd put money on it being the saliva. Just wash it off and it goes away fast. Let me know if she notices it is where he drools licks! I constantly am grabbing a washcloth and wiping because Herschel is a drooler hahaha.

OP
neraknna

neraknna

Mar 23, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Thanks, I never even thought of the saliva. She said it's mostly itchy arms when she pets him or he is laying next to or on her!

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Sounds just like me. The only reason I figured it out was when I noticed I was itching where he licked my legs and I googled it.

mo77511

Jan 23, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sukie and Tucker
I itch and break out in localized hives sometimes when my male licks me. My female doesnt affect me now but I would itch when we first got her. I do have allergies and allergic to animals but I refuse not to have them. I did have an anaphlyactic allergic reaction to a short hair guinea pig and I owned a long haired one at the time. Also had a maltese that the minute I walked in the door I would break out in hives BAD and would be fine all day until then but his brother that my niece had didnt affect me. I usually just rub some Benadryl gel or Hydrocortisone cream to the site if it bothers me too bad

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It does sound like an allergy to me, I'm allergic to dogs as well but I've been getting shots for a couple of years so it's not bad. If I pickup my daughter's guinea pig, my hands itch horribly…

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Learn something new every day on here.... Silvia allergy. :blink:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think it's more common from puppy saliva that adult saliva too... Is your bully still a pup?

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
ya my boyfriend complains about this a lot. But i would never get rid of her so I tell him to suck it up. However, he isnt my daughter... So dont take my advice hahahaha. but yeah its possibly the saliva. Maybe just try to teach him not to lick her

OP
neraknna

neraknna

Mar 23, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
No, he is 4 years old.. We just rescued him. We won't give him up over this, she LOVES Bentley too much. He is a big licker so she will just wash up after.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.