Worried, help!

Angelalynn20

Mar 17, 2014
Okay so last night Winston had slowed down and gotten calmer which I had figured just came from the day we had, had yesterday. Getting up early not really any naps or anything, normal. Well come to find out my little had given him 3 grapes as she was eating some, I didn't know for sure if this was okay after her telling me, so I go look it up and it's defiantly Not! But she had no idea she's only 6, and I had no idea either. :( he's about 3-4 months old and he ate 3, there pretty big grapes. He's since laid around a bit, and developed some diarrhea. He ate some of his food last night and drank his water. Nothing I can test his temp with at the moment but his belly is a little pink flushed. What should I do I'm freaking out over here??? HELP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
have you called a vet for some advice? you could try that in case you dont get a quick response here. Hope he'll be ok!

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
How worrying for you I am always a stresshead when it comes to things like this too. Are you able to go to the vet or ring the vet to be on the safe side ? Grapes are really toxic to dogs, but he may just have a little upset stomach and be o.k. but I would go to the vets just incase, better to be safe than sorry.

traceylynn172

May 23, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver ,Maui, Cupcake ,Winter, EEyore, Piglet, Roo and Hana
He should be okay as long as it was only three but I would call the vet just to double check and keep a eye on him to make sure they pass through his system.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with the other... Three grapes should not be too harmful, but call the vet to make sure. It is based on volume of grapes/raisins to the weight of the dog.

OP
Angelalynn20

Angelalynn20

Mar 17, 2014
Well since I posted this I've got him to eat some and he just drank some water. I got him to get up and start playing so as of right now he's being normal, thank god. Tried and tried to call the vet, no ones answering, I think they may be closed. :( but I think he should be okay he's being kinda normal right now but still a little slow, but I'm a worry wart about everything if his breathing changes I'm freaking out. :/ I'm still going to keep a close eye on him to be on the safe side. Hopefully his diarrhea will soon pass. I HATE seeing my BabyBoy not feeling good. :(

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/everyone else… he should be fine, but I would talk to the vet just to be sure. I didn't realize about grapes either till I got on this forum… Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with everyone's advice, keep an eye on him, and give the vet a call just to see what he says, but he should be okay with just 3 grapes, he probably just has an upset tummy. Maybe a little bit of pumpkin will help with the diarrhea.
I hope he feels better soon.

OP
Angelalynn20

Angelalynn20

Mar 17, 2014
Thanks everyone he's laying around right now. He's been playing some today, so he seems to be feeling better. Can't get ahold of the vet, but in the mean time I may try the pumpkin I see if I can get him back regulated. Thanks and I'll keep you all posted! :]

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My Aunt had a miniature poodle. That dog loved grapes, and she fed her grapes as a treat everyday. She lived in another state-so Inever knew this until I went for a visit. Of course, when I mentioned it-(my aunt was 92 at the time) she scoffed at me. So, when my aunt passed away at 95, no one wanted her dog-so I took her. I know the dog went blind at 4 yrs. old-but there is a genetic problems with poodles, that it could have been . The poodle lived to be 13 years of age, and she was 8 when I got her. Luckily the grapes didn't get her-but I'd say it would take more than 3 grapes to cause real problems. Needless to say-she didn't get grapes as treats, when she lived here.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How scary for you, it sounds like he's feeling better. I never knew about grapes until EBN either.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.