Is your dog obsessed with their crate?!

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
We crate trained Matilda (best thing ever) and although we haven't actually PUT her in the crate in a long time now, she is still soooo in love with it. If we touch her crate at all, she has to go inspect every little thing to make sure it's the same. Anytime I go to refill her water bottle in it (she has water there and in a bowl by her food), she panics and has to watch me very carefully. If I wash her bedding and put it back in there, she will take each and every thing out, and then PUT IT BACK IN (apparently I do it incorrectly). God forbid we move the crate for any reason - to vacuum or we're bringing it on a trip - she pouts and sits in the spot the crate used to be with the saddest look on her face.

It's hilarious considering she rarely even uses the crate anymore. She sleeps in my bed with me. She still just loves that crate so much.

Is anyone else's dog like this? It's not even that she's possessive or aggressive about it, she just seems to want to make sure I don't change or harm it in any way! hahaha

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That is beyond precious.(OCD)... I love it!! Banks loves her crate too, but not at that level

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Haha love it!thanks for the laugh. Thats sooo adorable!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Oh yes...that's Dudley all over. Same exact thing. Move it to vacuum...you would think I was taking it away forever...he sniffs every inch in the moved position and then does the same thing when I put it back!! I always feel better when I hear someone else's bully does these things...makes Dudley seem less crazy!

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
How cute, its her own special place in the world, I think it is lovely that she thinks of it like that, I guess we wouldnt like it someone moved our house and rearranged everything, she feels the same. Love hearing a Bullies craziness.;)

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
Joe is the same way.. I can't even adjust a blanket in his crate without him needing to investigate .. He gets very upset when I put the crate in the car.. It has to be the last thing I do before we leave.. Or he will cry and whine incessantly .. I love that he is so attached though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Hahaha I'm glad we're not the only crazy ones over here! I guess this just means we've crate trained very successfully!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Matilda You are so Smart, You just want to make sure all is right in Your Special Crate, Matilda is a Great Housekeeper, she keeps her crate clean and neat.

Beautiful Berry

Apr 28, 2013
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Berry R.I.P
I call Berrys crate her house. She has full range of our house she can sleep/lay where ever she wants. Its her safe place so to speak if its storming outside she puts herself in there. If she is ever naughty I say "In your house" she knows why and in she goes. I dont lock her in tho. It doesn't matter what of her bedding is being changer or mine she is all up in it. On my bed if the fitted sheet is being changed, under my feet while im changing the covers and pillows. Her blankets in her house. The blankets on the couches. All must then be inspected with a lot of Pfffft's - you know that noise they make haha.

tcgurlie

Jan 17, 2014
Artemis is that way too! I tell her to go to her room and in she goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
I call Berrys crate her house. She has full range of our house she can sleep/lay where ever she wants. Its her safe place so to speak if its storming outside she puts herself in there. If she is ever naughty I say "In your house" she knows why and in she goes. I dont lock her in tho. It doesn't matter what of her bedding is being changer or mine she is all up in it. On my bed if the fitted sheet is being changed, under my feet while im changing the covers and pillows. Her blankets in her house. The blankets on the couches. All must then be inspected with a lot of Pfffft's - you know that noise they make haha.

The Pfffts!!! Hahahaha yes we know it well over here. Along with the exaggerated sigh.

pattonsmom

Apr 9, 2014
CT
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
General Patton
So glad to know mine isn't the only one! I get sad when my puppy wants to sleep instead of playing with me but he loves his crate. We also call it his house. :)

Attachments

• photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 104

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
Yes Leo loves his crate. He would rather go and nap in his crate with no bed than sleep next our couch where we have a bedding for him. He ate his crate bed the first week we got it. Felt bad that we took it away but he loves sleeping on the hard surface. I like it because there is no fuss with him when we tell him to go to
bed.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online