Update on Fiona, Good and Bad

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Just got home from Fiona's first vet visit. The good thing is that she is not as overweight as thought and her heart is strong. Also, we have her spaying set up for Tuesday.

The bad... sigh.

Heartworm positive. It returned a slight positive and we will start the slow kill treatment after her sutures are out (from the spay that is set for Tuesday). Her eyes seem to be a little pink around them due to the high pollen outside, and the vet didn't think it was a huge cause for concern. She was fed crappy food so hopefully the change to the good stuff (Fromm) will help that. She didn't seem to have any mammary tumors but some were inverted with what looks like mild infections. She had an odor coming from her nether regions that seems to be a vulva infection and she is being treated for that. She has scarring on her head from what looks like a bite from another dog. I really hate the people that did all this to her.

The fact that they had her vaccinated for rabies but couldn't be bothered with heartworm preventative pisses me off. Pardon my French.

I know it's going to be a bit expensive, I kinda expected that. I just want to hold her and tell her that it might suck right now but her life will be much better from now on. :hissy3:

I love her so much already and just breaks my heart that she had to live the first 4 years of her life as nothing more than a breeding machine. She is such a sweetie!

***Edited to add: About her hip(s). She seems to have a wobble, favors one side. Dr. Beth examined her thoroughly and Fiona seems to have no pain with any of the manipulation of the leg/hip/knee. There still may be a problem but Dr. Beth wanted to address the immediate health issues such as spaying first and then we will move on. Fiona is wide up front and relatively tiny in the rear.

Forgot to mention that she also has infections in her nose rope and other wrinkles but I am familiar with that and already handling it!

So... going to let her take a nap and sometime this evening I am going to bathe her good and get her smelling/feeling nice.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
God bless you for rescuing here, you are a true life saver. I hope all of this will improve quickly.

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
What a lucky fur baby Fiona is to have a person over look all the problems on the outside and see a warm loving heart on the inside!!! Love you did that!!::clap:clap:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
With all the love you are throwing at her --- she will be all healed up and playing in no time.

THANK you for saving her and giving her a brand new loving home!

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Just took Fiona and Herschel outside for a romp. She did her business and actually ran! Well it was more of a gallop but she doesn't seem in pain and she appears happy. Bath will happen in the morning. Going to give her the antibiotics and then clean both her wrinkles and herschel's. Get her in the routine.

Sent from my PURPLE Samsung Galaxy S4.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just took Fiona and Herschel outside for a romp. She did her business and actually ran! Well it was more of a gallop but she doesn't seem in pain and she appears happy. Bath will happen in the morning. Going to give her the antibiotics and then clean both her wrinkles and herschel's. Get her in the routine.

:jumping: she is feeling save.... new life, new routine! go Momma!!

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Herschel is being a bit persnickety. I think he will have a bit of an adjustment from only child to having a sister. I have given him a lot of attention too. Trying to just get fiona into our routine tho without a lot of fanfare. Herschel has had enough of her cuddling and has turned the other way lol. She loves him and to my surprise she likes the cats too! No bark or growl from her and no hiss from the cats. They like bullies apparently.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel is being a bit persnickety. I think he will have a bit of an adjustment from only child to having a sister. I have given him a lot of attention too. Trying to just get fiona into our routine tho without a lot of fanfare. Herschel has had enough of her cuddling and has turned the other way lol. She loves him and to my surprise she likes the cats too! No bark or growl from her and no hiss from the cats. They like bullies apparently.

take them on short walks together, it helps them 'pack up' and will help Herschel accept her in the family

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
take them on short walks together, it helps them 'pack up' and will help Herschel accept her in the family

You should have seen them earlier. Herschel running one direction like "ooooo shiny. Butterfly? Wheeeee" and Fiona was sauntering slowly like "nap time? Bored." Hahaha. At least they are touching... taking this now
ahate4ej.jpg

Hahaha.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You should have seen them earlier. Herschel running one direction like "ooooo shiny. Butterfly? Wheeeee" and Fiona was sauntering slowly like "nap time? Bored." Hahaha. At least they are touching... taking this now
ahate4ej.jpg

Hahaha.

I LOVE IT..... kissing bully butts!!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks for the update, so glad she's getting spayed, and vet treatments. I'm sure she will feel much better after everything is done, and you are wonderful for rescuing her and giving her the life she deserves.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
:daisy:Thank god Fiona had you now. She is safe, loved, and on her way to a great forever life. There is a special spot in heaven for you

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Bless you for what you're doing for that little girl! I'm very excited for the three if you (for the cats too ;)). You're both lucky to have found each other. So heart warming!

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
This so heartwarming to Read, what you have done for Fiona, and from what I've read she seems like she has a great nature and is feeling the love already, love the photo of them together. Glad she is with you !! :drawheart:

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
So wonderful that Fiona has a new home and someone to love and care for her...best wishes and lots and lots of love to you all!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.