xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Just got Jovi home from the spaying surgery. She is doing awesome. Came home EXTREMELY thirsty, not sure if they didnt give her much water or if she worked herself up in excitement when she saw us. We were told to keep her energy down and not let her jump or play...... yeah no. She is acting as if nothing even happened and wants to play her a** off. what do i do?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The best thing we found was to sit on the floor so Buster wouldn't jump around and tried to keep him calm which was nearly impossible. It's amazing how fast they get back in the groove. Great to hear that she's back home and everything went well!!

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Looking back we should have put Tucker in the back laundry room for about 3 days, he acted like a crazy guy, and was jumping all over. If your baby is calm when you sit on the floor that's great advice, but if not I would use a small area that is blocked off for at least one full day, glad all went well!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
ya she isnt calm when we sit on the floor. then she thinks its attack weith kisses time. the second we got home she ran into the garage and ran up the stairs so hard she ran right into the door and fell down... apparently the door was suppose to be open for her hahahahhaha

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So happy she is home with you and doing so well,.... just do not let her jump... limit stairs to once up and once down a day. I like Phil's idea too... sit on the floor with her to prevent the jumping

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
A strong girl and all is good again a happy home. The more rest the better right now - cheers

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww so glad Jovi is doing so great. When we had Blossom spayed we had the same problem, she wanted to play and jump, we kept her crated for the first couple of days, because she wanted to rough house and play with her brother Dozer. She was on pain medication for the first few days, so she was sleepy, and so was okay in her crate to sleep. It was safer for her. The reason Jovi is so thirsty is from the anesthetic and medications she was given during surgery, Blossom had the same thing, and she also peed a lot more after the surgery because of the extra fluids she was given intervenously.
I hope she continues with her speedy recovery, and gets back to herself soon.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Great news, glad she is being herself, even though it is stressing you out LOL, she will be o.k., sometimes it is impossible to stop them, just keep it limited as you can. bazza was the same after surgery for bowel obstruction keep him quiet yeah right, that did not happened!!! Glad she is safely home ! :)

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
So Glad Jovi is doing Great, I know it is hard to keep them still, but they heal so quickly

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.