Haven't posted in ages, but I've got news!

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
I've been working for the State of Florida for 7 months now and love it. Herschel is doing fantastic and I love him more and more every day.

Herschel should be getting a sister tomorrow. She was used as a breeder and a friend at work got her out of that situation. If everything goes as planned, Sandy (not sure I'm keeping the name) should be home with us tomorrow, vet appt and grooming set for Saturday. She is 4 years old.

So, do you think it's ok to change her name? I almost feel guilty about it.

I'm posting from my phone so I apologize if this is a little short.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi Danielle! I think a new name for her new life would be a good fresh start :up: can't wait to meet her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Picking her up in less than 7 hours if all goes well. I have a feeling she is going to have a few health things and I am prepared for that. In the pics I noticed that her nose rope looked like it was rarely taken care of and a little pink around her eyea that may be nothing. Still, she is going in to see one of my vets, Dr. Beth on Saturday morning. No matter what, she will get the care and love she deserves. So... I am taking suggestions on names! Must be a human name. Current name is Sandy.
y8u2a6aq.jpg

gabrielsbulldogs

Oct 26, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
oX,RIP Monroe, and Tonka
I would change it 😀. She is one pretty girl

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
I was thinking about Fiona. Always loved the name and it was the princess in Shrek. Also... Hersch and Fifi sound cute as nicknames. Thoughts? Still taking suggestions.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Here is another pic that was taken as she was rescued. Breeder was going to just drop her at a kill shelter because her last litter of 4 had 1 stillborn and she laid on 2 and I guess they suffocated. So sad. My good friend got wind of this and had her friend get her from him before he dropped her off. I kust want to give her a soothing bath and get to that noserope area. Her eyes look pink around them to me but it's just a picture so I will know more in the morning. Vet appt is Saturday morning and then I will schedule her spay for this week after they look at her. Friend said she weighed about 47 lbs but she looks kinda chunky to me. Might be shorter than Herschel.
yneva4u9.jpg

azyhyvyg.jpg

Sent from my PURPLE Samsung Galaxy S4.

neraknna

Mar 23, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Love the name Fiona for her!! She is a beautiful girl

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
On a less serious note... now I can buy all the cutsie girlie outfits for her! She has a cute leash/collar set that I originally got Herschel. It has multi colored bones and since one of the colors was pink, everyone called Herschel a she that day. Herschel was less than impressed because he is a manly man.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
She's sooo pretty! Thank goodness you'll get her out of that horrible man's clutches! The name fits her :). Congratulations on your new addition and bravo for rescuing!

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
she is gorgeous!! are you getting her spayed too? :]

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww she's so beautiful, god bless you for rescuing her and giving her the life she deserves. I'm sure Herscel will love his new sister. I like the name Fiona. I also like Ariel, Bianca, Blossom, Chloe, Charlotte (Charlie) Diva, Fallon, Gigi, Priscilla, Quinn, Ladybug, Willow, and Zoey for girls names. Congratulations on your new baby. Can't wait to see pictures of your guys together.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
How wonderful, she is beautiful, I am so glad so is going to a loving home and gets the life and love she deserves. keep us updated on how she goes, and how Herschel goes !!!

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
I went with Fiona and she responds to it! Yes will make the appt to have her spayed while at her vet appt today. Moved it up. I think she has hip dysplasia and she is overweight. Some skin issues that I figured were there. Sweet disposition. She will be ok.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Congrats, she's a beauty. I was going to suggest Candy...Hopefully she doesn't have too much problems...being bred and also for your sake. Good luck:angelheart:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.