Who knew?

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
image.jpgI'm wondering who could have ever known a dog could be this perfect. I don't understand how I never knew there was such a sweet personality in a dog. I never liked dogs much. I had some dogs and I liked them ok but never a bond or at least not much of one. It's a shame to me that I could have went my whole life and never known there was such a wonderful creature on earth. When I would read of people spending thousands on care for their pet I thought it was odd. Who would do that? And why? It's only a dog. Put the poor soul out of its misery and get another. Lord, forgive me for being so ignorant of the reality. There is nothing I wouldn't do for this wonderful friend I have. I truly love Henry. The kind of love I have for my children. This is a new experience for me. I am assuming this is nothing new to some of you out there. I read of your love every day. The picture is of Henry laying on me like he does every single morning. We do the same things most days. I spend more time with Henry than anyone else in the family. I am recently unable to work. This is hard for me. I've worked to support my kids for years. God blessed me with a wonderful man and not long after things started to go south with my health. It seems like every week a new problem shows itself. It's very difficult for me and depressing to say the least. Henry lays quiet with me on my bad days and plays with me on my good days. Sometimes we spend all week just laying down. He is by my side always, no matter what I do. Itseems to me that a 6 mo pup would not be this way. Henry is a blessing. He fills me with love and keeps my spirits up. Without him I would be in a depressing state. This I'm sure of. We got him on Christmas Eve. One month later I was unable to work. I was thinking why did we just get this expensive dog? I should have saved that money. Well, I know that I am getting through this much easier because I take care of Henry and I feel an overwhelming sense of love that is very much mutual. I am blessed. I just wanted to share. I ask questions and post comments on occasion and you all are such a wonderful help. Thank you all.

Leon van houkje

Mar 17, 2014
Groningen, North Holland
Country
Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Leon Van T' Houkje
I think along similar lines for instant when we went to the bulldog breeder we nearly choose another puppy, I only changed my mind after seeing Leon's dad and asked if he had any pups sired by him, low and behold he had 2 left in a nest. And sometimes I sit there and think what a perfect dog and what would have happened if I choose that other pup then I get a sad feeling at that thought.
Dogs can feel energy and know from instinct if something is wrong. I hope and pray things improve for you.

Leon is echt en dikke boefje !!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
[MENTION=10908]Roseann[/MENTION]...Such a beautiful post, thank you for sharing this with us.

Like you, I came to know bulldogs late in life and now, am on my 2nd
bully, Cami. As you say, she's helping me thru the grief I feel as I care
for my Mother in later stages of Alzheimer's.

Henry is very lucky to have you as Mom, give him love from Cami & me.
Welcome to our group, we are lucky to have you join us, thank you.

I will pray GOD changes your circumstances to wonderful~be blessed
and favored of HIM, today & every day!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am so sorry your health is declining, but it makes me happy to hear that Henry is helping you while you are down and not feeling well. Bullies are something special. I have had all kinds of dogs all my life but nothing like a bully until I got Harlea. She makes me smile when I am down and comforts me when I don't feel good and just loves me and everyone else for who and what we are all flaws included. I wouldn't give her up for the world. Sending thoughts and prayers your way hoping you get better soon.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgHi, I'm so sorry you're having health problems, I hope they resolve themselves, and you feel better soon. I hope it's not serious. I too have various health issues, and it's not fun, so I understand what you are feeling and going through. It's easy to become depressed, and you just start to feel sick and tired of being sick and tired. Our bullies are like no other breed of dog, they are so full of love, compassion, and they have the best personalities, just like little people. They are the best company when you're feeling down or sick. It's like they know what we are feeling, and give us such unconditional love. I'm glad you have Henry to keep you company, and that he brings you such love and joy. We are truly lucky to have the sweet animals in our lives. Take care Hun, and I hope things get better for you.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
What a wonderful post to share, I have had a few different breeds and loved them all with my whole heart, but I been an amimal person all my life. They make my life so happy and I feel actually how you are describing about Henry now, they love you so unconditionally, it so special, I cannot understand how anyone can hurt and abuse their animals. Bazza is our first bulldog and even though I have loved all my animals, there is something very different about a bulldog, almost human like emotions.

So glad you have bonded so well,and Henry is helping you through some tough times, no money or therapy can give you that. :)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
So sorry to hear that you aren't well. I completely understand how you feel about Henry. I feel the same way about Brutus and Frankie. It is an almost irrational love that I feel for them. I defend them like I would my children and care for them the same way. I never knew the complete love an animal could give until I got a bully.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
That was beautifully written, and I imagine everyone on this site understands what you mean. June is my first dog to have on my own and sometimes I wonder how there will be any room left in my heart for an actual child one day. I can't imagine loving anything more than I love my sweet bully pup.

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
I completely understand this is every way. I know for a fact anytime I stub my toe, or fall Jovi is right there to come running and lick me all over. It's like she knew it hurt and she wants to see if im okay. On days I lay there and just cry because sometimes life is too much, she lays with me. Which is unlike her in general because she has A LOT of energy so the fact that she lays with me tells me that she knows and she would rather be laying with me. Today is especially hard because I found out my aunt has lupus, and my grandfather is dying in the hospital and was just diagnosed with cancer and she is at the vet. So im trying to get through today without her. Maybe its for the best? but anyways sorry for that rant... Im glad you found your perfect dog. Sounds like it was a match made in heaven :D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you for being a part of EBN Roseanne and thank you for sharing this. I'm sorry to hear about your health but am SUPER happy that you have Henry. Bulldogs are so unique and feed off of how we feel, like angels sent to take care of us. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a beautiful post... thank you for sharing that with us and i have to say, Henry was meant to be with you--it was fate and you have your daily companion to love and share your day.

too sweet.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.