xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
So something I just thought of... She will be going in at 8am tomorrow morning and they are keeping her overnight. Since I cannot feed her anything, what will she be eating at the vets office?! :mellow: They never asked me to bring any food. And I dont think it would be right if they fed her any different type of food... right?....

I am also so very nervous about this!!! :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Give them a call... They will probably give a bland can food, which is fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It will be fine… sending lots of hugs & prayers!!! Keep us posted tomorrow… :assurred:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
When we took Harlea in for her spay back in December we took a little bit of her food with her and they fed her that as they understood we had her on a strict diet. I would give them a call to check on it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I would give them a call too but it would probably just be a bland diet. Good Luck for tomorrow and keep us posted

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Of course you're worried...they are our hearts <3

I've had so many spays (and neuters) done as I've taken in
many strays over the years, never had ONE issue.

Praying for y'all & quick healing for Jovi. Usually they act as
if nothing happened and the hard part is keeping them quiet
& inactive. Let us know when you pick her up :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with everyone's comments, they will either give her a bland diet, and probably very little to eat, she will most likely be groggy and sleepy from pain meds, so won't have a lot of appetite. You can always call the vets office and tell them your concerns, and bring her some of her own food, but since she is coming home the next day, she will be fine.
I hope she does well with her surgery, and has a quick recovery.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
sending hugs yalls way, Jovi will be fine!! Keep us posted!

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
ahhh. dropped her off at 8 am this morning. so nervous, not even for the surgery but the fact that she is probably so sad and confused why she is in a cage all day and in pain. :[ I wont get her back until tomorrow around 4ish. so thats like two days :nervous:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
have they called yet? i'm sure she'll be fine but i know you must be worried.

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
have they called yet? i'm sure she'll be fine but i know you must be worried.

nope not yet :[ I told my boyfriend to tell them to call me when she is out since they have HIS number on file (mad about that because she is MY dog) but i doubt he told them since he always forgets when I ask him to do things :/.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
nope not yet :[ I told my boyfriend to tell them to call me when she is out since they have HIS number on file (mad about that because she is MY dog) but i doubt he told them since he always forgets when I ask him to do things :/.

Just so you know, my vets office wouldn't give Chris (my hubs) any info. on Blue because they only had my info. on file. I didn't know there were laws regarding this for pets but there are (I know for us there's HIPAA). Anyway, we had to add him as a contact.
You should do the same, add yourself.

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Just so you know, my vets office wouldn't give Chris (my hubs) any info. on Blue because they only had my info. on file. I didn't know there were laws regarding this for pets but there are (I know for us there's HIPAA). Anyway, we had to add him as a contact.
You should do the same, add yourself.

well the thing is is they never even asked us for any info. Im assuming they just went off her shot records. Which I again told Gary to not put his name down since I was paying and she is my dog (i wanted all legal documents under my name) And he even put her microchip under his name! i was furious! but yeah they never asked for my info. They just called him yesterday seeing if she was still coming in.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
She will be fine! We picked June up the same day and poor baby looked drunk haha she was so drowsy. The next day she was totally fine! So i'm sure she'll be excited to see you tomorrow when you pick her up. Even when we took June back to have stitches, she was happy to be back at the vet and see everyone. I'm sure she will just sleep the entire time after her surgery, June slept from the time we brought we home at 5 in the evening till the next morning.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.