How long did it take to 'bond'?

Ahogman

Apr 7, 2014
West TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Paige
I've had Paige the Frenglish for about 30 hours now.

She is a wonderful little girl, and I couldn't be happier with my decision to bring her into my life.

She has been through a lot in the past 30 hours. Vet visit for boosters and Rabies, picking out toys, meeting a baby chicken, picking out which Fromm's flavor we will try first..being insulted, learning to walk on a lead..

My family has other dogs, but Paige is 'mine'. The others are my mother and father's.

A little backstory- I got Paige after my Australian Shepherd had to be put to sleep after a cancerous tumor was found. I loved him, but he was a jerk. Hated everyone, hated dogs, hated walks, he was just a miserable dog.

Fast forward to Paige, who is his total opposite in every way. She is everything I wanted in a dog - AND MORE!

A stranger at Tractor Supply said she was ugly, and even after only 24 hours, I went momma bear mode. I cheerfully told him that Paige was more attractive than he could ever be. He shut his trap and left, and for a moment - I was happy little Paige will never learn the word 'ugly'.

Needless to say, I am head over heels for this little brindle Frenglish. Even if she does have stinky farts right now.

How long did it take you to be just so enamored with your bully?

How long was it before your bully accepted you as their new human?

Here's some pictures, of course.

enyby9uj.jpg

Paige got a cup of plain slushie ice at Sonic, she loved it.

erudy7er.jpg

And momma's arm made a good pillow on the way home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
i was enamored with the breed the first time I saw a bully as a kid. Fast forward 34 years and I finally have a wrinkled butterball of joy as part of my family. As far as accepting me.... I would have to say it only took Harlea a few hours to accept me as I was doing everything for her during the first few hours/days. Don't get me wrong she loves the entire family, but there are certain things that she will only do with me because of that initial bonding experience... Plus I let her get away with a little more than everyone else does... lol

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
it took me moments to be enamored with jovi. the second i picked her up i knew that i would fall completely in love with her. But after 2 hard, very hard, weeks of the potty training and everything i was overwhelmed and i felt like i was a bad mommy. but then i got the hang of it and i love her so much!

and as for her accepting me.. i cant tell you if she did after a few seconds? during the car ride home (5 hours) she slept on my lap the entire time. she was SO good! and then we came home and she slept in my arms. But that morning she got up and all she did waS WIGGLE her butt because she was so happy. and we let her outside because oddly it was very nice (feb in NY) and she ran around the yard with a big smile on her face.

AC2115

Apr 1, 2014
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxie
What a great story and she is gorgeous! From the moment I picked up Roxie that was it. I knew she was mine and she knew I was hers. She sat curled up in my lap and looked at me like just knew we were meant to be. She was 8 weeks and I can't tell you how happy she makes our home!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
From the first moment I saw a picture of Ftse I knew he was going to be mine I had been looking for a long time but he just drew mw in and we bonded from the moment I went to pick him up 2 weeks later and he is now my little shadow.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I've had 3 bullies, so my experience w/them is a little different...

Our bully Bella was my hubby's baby… she LOVED everyone in the house of course, but the hubby was her favorite. She tolerated me because I did MOST of her daily care… LOL After she had her litter she changed towards me, and she would follow me around the house. It was almost like she trusted me more since I was caring for her babies. Winston & Wellie were my babies… especially WINSTON!!! He was my absolute heart and soul :heart: I miss him terribly, and I know that no other dog will fill that space for me.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I bonded with Brutus right away because we had him since he was 8wks old. He is the love of my life. We rescued Frankie this past December and it took a bit for everyone to bond. I loved him right away but it was a little difficult getting everyone used to each other. Now I can't imaging my life without Frankie. It sounds to me like you guys have already bonded.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
The moment I seen Amber and Ruby's picture of their litter we picked them out; Amber first without even first seeing her and Ruby second. Never changed our minds from the first moment. They are our priceless jewels of the Hamilton household!!

LexiLou

Nov 20, 2013
outside of Seattle, WA
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Lexi Lou and our Bully angel Libby.
It took Lex a couple of weeks to really bond with us. She was very bonded to her previous owner which made bonding with us a much slower process. But she eventually came around and is now my shadow.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
well i think she is beautiful, and to the guy at tractor supply i could tell him right where to go!!!!

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
Paige is a beautiful little brindle girl. Daisy is my first EB and I do believe they are very different than any other dog. I picked up Daisy at 9 weeks and had a 17 hour drive home. She was joy on the ride although we stoppped often for potty breaks for her then right back in the crate. A few days later I was lucky enough to have surgery and get 6 weeks off for recovery. We were inseperable during that time and I believe it helped our bond. She likes everyone she meets but I am her mom.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Paige is just beautiful, I have heard people say Bazza only has a face a mother could love ! :stinkeye: I don't care what anyone thinks of Bazza I loved him from the first moment, he bonded with my hubby first, but we have definately bonded now !

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
We've had Blue since he was 7.3 weeks old. He bonded with me right away and would cry if I walked even 4 feet away from him. He had to be by my side for the first 5-6 months.

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
We got Meatball at 8 weeks old. He bonded with the kids first, than my hubby, and I was last. I think as a puppy he liked kids more because they played with him non stop! Running around for hours. For me personally the bonding took longer. I think because I was overwhelmed with young kids and puppy. However I am the one home with him all day, and now it's a different story. If Meatball wants to play he goes to hubby and kids. If he wants a good cuddle time, belly rub, food, treats, he comes to me Lol! So now he's my dog Lol!

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
I think I fell in love with June before I ever even met her! We put the deposit down at 2 weeks old so I was able to watch her grow week by week from pictures from the breeder. I drove 3 hours to go get her and life hasn't been the same since :) She's only 10 months now and my bf and I both say we can't even remember what life was like before we had her.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.