Thread: How long did it take to 'bond'?

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How long did it take to 'bond'?

We've had Blue since he was 7.3 weeks old. He bonded with me right away and would cry if I walked even 4 feet away from him. He had to be by my side for the first 5-6 months.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)

We got Meatball at 8 weeks old. He bonded with the kids first, than my hubby, and I was last. I think as a puppy he liked kids more because they played with him non stop! Running around for hours. For me personally the bonding took longer. I think because I was overwhelmed with young kids and puppy. However I am the one home with him all day, and now it's a different story. If Meatball wants to play he goes to hubby and kids. If he wants a good cuddle time, belly rub, food, treats, he comes to me Lol! So now he's my dog Lol!

Real Name
    Samantha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    June
    Likes (Received)

I think I fell in love with June before I ever even met her! We put the deposit down at 2 weeks old so I was able to watch her grow week by week from pictures from the breeder. I drove 3 hours to go get her and life hasn't been the same since She's only 10 months now and my bf and I both say we can't even remember what life was like before we had her.

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Orts View Post
    I think I fell in love with June before I ever even met her! We put the deposit down at 2 weeks old so I was able to watch her grow week by week from pictures from the breeder. I drove 3 hours to go get her and life hasn't been the same since She's only 10 months now and my bf and I both say we can't even remember what life was like before we had her.
    We did the same. I knew about Blue even before he was born. Got the first pics when he was 2 weeks old. They're so tiny then. Look like baby piglets..lol.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel Wentworth Sinclair & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

She is lovely and the fact that she's laying on your arm shows you're already starting to bond. Just keep loving her and she will trust and love you back more and more. Enjoy!

Cheerio mates!

Doggie Boutique Owner MissWaddles13's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

An awesome story. She's a beautiful girl. I bonded with Pork Chop the moment we met. She came around my legs, she was a bit shy at first. I asked about the adoption process etc. after, my home check and approved. I had a meet & greet set up with her. It was meant to be. She's mine! I love my baby so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads