brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ok I'm not used to a lazy bully because we all know Brutus ingests bully crack every day and is nuts. Anyway, we could not get Frankie to come out of his crate this morning. He is usually a little slow to wake up but my son tried all morning and he would not budge. My daughter came home from school at 1:30 and he still would not budge. She pulled him out of his crate and let him outside. Frankie did pee and poop but would not eat. She said he was just laying around. She just called me now to say he is eating a bit. I told her to keep an eye on him and I will look at him when I get home at 4:30. He was fine yesterday. My question is, when should I panic??? This is not usual behavior for my Frankie boy. :nervous:

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Not going out and eating aren't normally great signs, a trip to the vet is probably in order. I'd call as see if you can take him after work. My bully baby is lazy but not going out or coming out to greet his people isn't typical.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I would wait a little bit longer before panicking. See if he'll eat tonight and watch for vomiting. If he doesn't eat tonight, then I'd take him to the vet tomorrow. But I'm like you, panicky.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
See how he is when you get home, I REALLY hope there's nothing wrong!! You've been through more then enough lately!

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
I hope he's just in a funk today. That was my knee jerk reaction- see how he feels when you get home but I'd keep a close eye on him.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I agree with the others...keep an eye on him when you get home today and if he's still lethargic/not wanting to move too much, then I'd schedule a vet visit for tomorrow if at all possible. Don't panic right now though, Rosalie. At least your daughter is home with him to monitor.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Pollen count is through the roof today.... hopefully, he is just tired from allergies. :pray:

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Hope everything is ok. Hope he perks up soon. Nothing that i can offer here except good thoughts and hugs hugs hugs :yes:

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
hoping he is okay. keep us posted

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Can you take his temp when you get home? If he's running a fever then get him in ASAP, but I hope he's feeling a bit better when you get home. At least he ate a little, so that's good. Let ya know how he is when you get home :pray:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Pollen count is through the roof today.... hopefully, he is just tired from allergies. :pray:

I agree w/Christine… I feel like $hit right now, and Roxie has been laying around as much as she can w/Mr. Bane in da house!!! LOL Does he have red eyes, runny nose?!!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Rosalie hope he is getting better and it is just allergies or just not feeling well. I would do what Lisa said and if that's fine just watch and see

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
OK so I think my mama's boy just missed me because as soon as I got home he perked right up, was running around the house with anything he could find and then we went outside and played for an hour. I think I will start him on allergra like Brutus because it really seems to help Brutus. Thanks for all the well wishes, I think I just tend to panic with them. He also ate his dinner good so I think he is OK.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
:whew: good to hear!! Like us humans, dogs can also get into a "funk" and then change as the day goes on. Seeing you was the best "medicine" he could get!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh so glad he's feeling better Rosalie!!! ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online