brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
OK funny story, Brutus never lifted his leg because my other two dogs are girls so Brutus squats when he pees. Well now we get Frankie and he lifts his leg to pee. Brutus must have been watching this because the other day he goes out to pee and he lifted his leg BUT he lifted it so high he almost tipped over!! It was the funniest thing I have ever seen him do. He was trying to be a tough guy like his puppy brudder and he almost embarrassed himself. Brutus has gone back to squatting when he pees.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Neither of my boys ever did or do

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Chum squats half the time and lifts half. When he lifts he promptly put his leg down in his puddle of pee though..:(

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Diesel does both !!!
Usually it's the leg up wee but if there's a scent somewhere where he can't get fully under he ll squat 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Dexter will do both but mostly squats unless something is touching his wee. Then there's the times where he pees on his foot

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
Dually squats most of the time but he will lift his leg when the need arises. He is 5 years old

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
OK funny story, Brutus never lifted his leg because my other two dogs are girls so Brutus squats when he pees. Well now we get Frankie and he lifts his leg to pee. Brutus must have been watching this because the other day he goes out to pee and he lifted his leg BUT he lifted it so high he almost tipped over!! It was the funniest thing I have ever seen him do. He was trying to be a tough guy like his puppy brudder and he almost embarrassed himself. Brutus has gone back to squatting when he pees.

:rofl: :ROFL: hahahaha poor Brutus lol!!

i wish meeko would lift his leg even a little bit so he looks more manly really LOL! maybe one day he will just man up and do it :lol:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Nigel lifts his leg but i've seen him be lazy and just toss it to the side and put his hip out and aim! lol

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor lifts his leg - started when he was 5 or months old.

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Bodie is almost 4 1/2 and he has NEVER lifted his leg to pee! He's a squatter!! We don't have any other dogs so he's never seen any other males do the leg lift,(at least I don't think he has), and he doesn't "mark" anything. I actually prefer the squat to the lift, because when he squats the pee goes straight into the ground,(what doesn't spray on his back legs!), if he was to lift his leg the pee goes everywhere!! The side of the house, walkway, flower beds, the flowers!!!
I don't think he looks girlie, I think it's cute and I'm sure it would take more energy and some coordination and balance to lift the leg, so the way I see it...my Bodie is a genius!!!!!!!!

BullyLove!!!

raydawg

Feb 1, 2014
From what my dog trainer told us was they copy from other male dogs. If he sees other dogs doing he will want to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.