Worried to death...HELP! Should I be worried?

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Ok, so last night Bodie started rubbing his face, constantly, until he made his "brown" eye swollen and red. His "white" eye didn't swell but was also red. I put some Neomycin cream in the swollen eye and artificial tear drops in the other. Today, he just acts like he doesn't feel very well and when he was eating I noticed that he had a couple of knots on his head and his "white" eye looks to be swollen. Should I be concerned about the knots? I don't recall him ever having knots on his head before and they're about the size of a ping pong ball. Could this be related to him rubbing his face? I believe his face and eyes being so itchy is due to all of the pollen. (It's bad, my entire car is green/yellow). Has anyone else ever had these kinds of knots show up on their bully? They aren't hard knots, and when I touch them, you can't really feel anything, but they are definitely visible and have a pinkish look. Please help, I'm so worried that its something bad! He's also been breathing really loudly today. He doesn't normally breathe loudly unless he's been playing or if he's snoring in his sleep. It kind of sounds like he's snoring, but he's not sleeping.
Here's a few pics of the knots:
ajumuru2.jpg
bu6umuna.jpg
ypezaza2.jpg
6unu8u2y.jpg

BullyLove!!!

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
My Rampage would have reactions like that to bad pollen, benadryl helped soooooo much. Do you know if Bodie has allergies?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I agree it seems like an allergic reaction.

LolaLover

Oct 24, 2012
Wenatchee, Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
LOLA
Looks like allergies to me as well, maybe hives, I would try to Benadryl as mentioned. But if you are concerned about his breathing I would definitely take him to the vet.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with everyone's comments and advice. The bumps and the itchy eyes are definetely signs of allergies. I would give Bodie a Benedryl, and see if the symptoms improve. I hope he feels better.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Oh boy this little sweet boy just couldn't get a break! Hope he recovers quickly! The poor baby :(.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Get him to the vet for a shot of Benedryl or some other antihistamines .... If he is labored I breathing his airway could be swollen too.... Happen to Banks once form some type of bee sting or spider bite

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Whether it's environmental or a bite, you need to bring the swelling down fast. Like [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] said, get him to the vet for a steroid shot. I wouldn't wait to see if the over the counter meds help or not for this.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I would take him to the vets too, if it is not allergies he could have been bitten by something. keep us posted.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Defiantly looks like rub marks which can also abcess, he certainly seems to be having a very bad reaction to something! I've had this happen with a bee sting but her whole face swelled too. Give him big hugs from me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Has anyone else ever had these kinds of knots show up on their bully? Please help, I'm so worried that its something bad! He's also been breathing really loudly today. He doesn't normally breathe loudly unless he's been playing or if he's snoring in his sleep. It kind of sounds like he's snoring, but he's not sleeping.

BullyLove!!!

Looks like an allergic reaction. Lola did the same thing the other day. Benadryl did not help so i had to take her to the emergency vet at 11pm for a shot. The swelling stopped and was down all the way by morning. I would take him to the vet if he is having breathing issues though.

OP
BodiesMom

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
Thanks everyone! Sorry I haven't been here for a couple days, been a lil crazy here!
So, Bodies breathing did calm and the knots were gone the following day. When daddy got home that afternoon I showed him, he wasn't concerned, he figured it was from all of the pollen.
So after reading all of y'all's comments, I'm guessing it was probably a combo of him rubbing his head/face excessively and all of the pollen. The pollen here in eastern NC is TERRIBLE right now!!! Plus Bodie's eyes have been "extra" goopey lately. So, crisis averted!!!!!!!!

BullyLove!!!

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Thank goodness he's ok again! We all worry about you little handsome guy! Good thing you have a good mommy!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.