Bulldogs and International Travel

hpsauce

Apr 7, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Grimsby
Hi,

We are working out the logistics of moving from NYC to London. We are unsure on how to get our Bulldog over there, as it seems flying is quite risky. Has anyone else dealt with such an issue and if so, what's the safest way to go about it? We have a handle on what shots etc he will need, it's just the actual travel part we are stuck on.

Cheers
HP

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi,

We are working out the logistics of moving from NYC to London. We are unsure on how to get our Bulldog over there, as it seems flying is quite risky. Has anyone else dealt with such an issue and if so, what's the safest way to go about it? We have a handle on what shots etc he will need, it's just the actual travel part we are stuck on.

Cheers
HP

This website has some really good resources www.pettravel.com

Hope you have a smooth move!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I definitely wouldn't fly them in the cargo hold of a plane, very dangerous, and a good way to loose your babies.

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
Look into jet-a-pet. They are a private jet company that will fly your pet in the airplane with a kennel like set up. Your dog has a personal travel companion and you are updated frequently on your dogs status. They also have options where they can bring your dog from the airport to your new home. It is more expensive, but G is my fur kid and I'd spend any amount to make sure he arrives safely at our destination. Hope you find a safe way to get your baby to London!!

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I have a friend who took her bully, Lucy, to Italy for the summer. She was certified as a therapy dog, so she got to fly in the cabin. Please, don't fly your dog in the cargo compartment. Airlines promise they have safety standards and act like it's routine, but there are so many horror stories of dogs being mistreated or dying from heat or just the shock of flying like that.

Last edited:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
We had a our pug and cat coming back from Germany many moons ago (i.e. 1981). Please check England's requirements and find out exactly what certifications you require and on what forms. You might want to check the State Department's website. I was totally unaware of jet-a-pet but sound like a great alternative. And of course Al Gore had not invented the Internet until the 1990's.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.