The biting! How do you train your babies not to nibble on EVERYTHING?

AC2115

Apr 1, 2014
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxie
Any advise on how to break this habit? She wants to chew on fingers, toes, pants, shoes, furniture, almost everything but her chew toys! Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I can't stay mad long though.... this face!! :smoochwink:

r5.jpgr6.jpg

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Welcome in the puppyhood!
Redirect with a favourite toy and be patient x it will be soon over ;>>

OP
AC2115

AC2115

Apr 1, 2014
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxie
Thanks Pati! That's what I've been doing so far. I'll just have to be patient... my kids are tucking their feet in when she comes running with the spring in her step, they know she is out to play. It's so funny!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Persistence and consistency is key. You will have to redirect to a proper toy to chew on a million times for them to get the hint and it will take a long time but she will eventually get the picture.

OP
AC2115

AC2115

Apr 1, 2014
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxie
Thanks Todd - I may have to grab some more toys for her. Any favorites out there toy wise?

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Lol! I remember when my girls would sit on their feet, so Meatball wouldn't eat their toes! Actually the only time they got to hold him was while he was sleeping lol! It does pass, he doesn't do that anymore, and he's almost 2 I think. Forgive me I have mommy brains(which means I'm still trying to find the brain I had before kids). Anyhow the nipping does come to an end on toes/fingers. Shoes, toys, napkins etc that's a whole other story! Still fighting that!

OP
AC2115

AC2115

Apr 1, 2014
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxie
Someone told me not to buy new furniture because she will chew on everything for a while! Haha. I have Mommy brain too with 5 kids and a new puppy! I swear I forget things I did 5 minutes ago! :scared:

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Someone told me not to buy new furniture because she will chew on everything for a while! Haha. I have Mommy brain too with 5 kids and a new puppy! I swear I forget things I did 5 minutes ago! :scared:
You have me beat, I have 4 girls. If your kids are young you must be losing it lol! I know I was when he was a baby. He ate all the binkies! Yup lots of crying:w00t:

OP
AC2115

AC2115

Apr 1, 2014
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxie
My girls are 3, 4, 10, 10, 13 (we are a blended family, 3 are mine 2 are his) and now we have a baby together - she's just furry. LOL It's a busy household with lots of hard work -but so much love and fun! Roxie really made it all complete. :pray2:

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
Luckily June never chewed on any furniture. She did ruin like 4 pairs of shoes though haha. BUT it does get better... there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
My girls are 3, 4, 10, 10, 13 (we are a blended family, 3 are mine 2 are his) and now we have a baby together - she's just furry. LOL It's a busy household with lots of hard work -but so much love and fun! Roxie really made it all complete. :pray2:
Mine are 9,8,5, and 4. I think LOl. Just kidding, those are their ages. Good luck, it will get easier:)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
She is beautiful, Ftse chewed like that but finally stopped and caught on what I was giving him chew toys for not until he had ruined my dining suite thou. Nylabones are a good chew toy Ftse still likes then at 2 and 1/2

foxy131

Feb 15, 2014
She's so cute!!!

Lola loves her Nylabones. We also got her a Kong an put puppy treats in it! She's got some adult teeth coming in (finally) and loves an old washrag we froze.

Also, Apple Bitter did wonders to get her to stop chewing on furniture and feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.