Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rant, Irritated, Attacked at the dog park

Default Re: Rant, Irritated, Attacked at the dog park

Glad to hear he is ok...we had a couple people bring there aggressive dog by us and a few of us got together and told the person and their dog to leave...it helps if you have another dog owner by your side....it should be a safe fun place where everybody should be stress free and just have a good time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Tiberius View Post
    As a side note - the ONLY REASON I bring Baxter to the dog park is : Exercise. He gets an incredible amount of full blast running because the other dogs get him happy and excited to play. How can I get baxter that kind of aerobic exercise if we don't bring him to the dog park? That's what worries me.

There is an english bulldog there that I envy quite a bit. His owner says he is 3 years old. This dog runs faster than any bulldog I've ever seen. He jumps 3-4 feet in the air when his owner gets him going / playing. I asked him how he does that. He said: "I don't overfeed him, so he is always fit and normal body fat, and we come out here every single day and he runs and jumps and plays". I want this for baxter because I know bully's have weak hearts, and I believe exercise is the key to longevity and health.

Going to have to find a way to get him exercise without a dog park I guess.
    Funny you say that. Meatball jumps like that too when my girls throw his toys up in air. He's airborne and catches the toy Lol! My husband has the same theory, Meatball isn't overweight, he's solid. We also think that's why he's so hyper!

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@4flowers it's not just being overweight, it's how well they can breath. The ones that overheat easier, due to brachycephalic syndrome which most bullies have to some extent, are just going to be much "lazier". But it's not because of weight, it's because they can't breathe as well as other breeds.

We had Blue's palate reduced, and his everted saccules along with his tonsils removed. The only thing we haven't done (yet) are his nares. It helps with their breathing and in turn, stamina.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Glad your baby is OK, this is why we never take ours to off leash parks, because of irresponsible owners. I would be furious if someone knew their dog was aggressive and brought them anyway. What an idiot.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)

this story just legitimatly pi**es me off!!! I swear I cannot understand the ignorance in people these days. It's people like this that I just cannot tolerate. If I were you I would have started videotaping it, and then I would have filed a lawsuit. Because this is just unlawfully wrong!!! There is NO reason he should have taken his aggressive dog to a DOG park!!! And the funny thing it it sounds like he would want to SUE YOU!!! are you kidding? NO! I seriously would have done something about this. If I cant take my sweet innocent dog to the dog park because of some JERK I would do something about it. I hate when people ruin the good things!!!!!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bronson
    Likes (Received)

Luckily everyone at the dog park by my house would jump that guy's *** and guilt him to leave. I haven't seen any dogs get truly aggressive in over a month, I hope my luck lasts. I have a feeling I'd be a moron and get in a fight if some dog attacked my little guy multiple times.

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Glad to hear Chesty is ok, I am glad we don't have parks here for dogs read this far too often if we did I would go to them anyway.

Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by eljeffe23 View Post
    Luckily everyone at the dog park by my house would jump that guy's *** and guilt him to leave. I haven't seen any dogs get truly aggressive in over a month, I hope my luck lasts. I have a feeling I'd be a moron and get in a fight if some dog attacked my little guy multiple times.
    haha you and i both.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I've seen these types of threads posted a lot on here lately, I'm sure with the weather getting warmer everyone wants to go out and play

To be completely honest, its NOT just the dog parks anymore… it's the kid's play areas as well. People don't want to discipline their dogs OR their kids… they go to these types of places and walk away, get on their phones, and ignore what is going on. It makes me VERY sad because this is the perfect opportunity to reinforce good behavior(or choices) w/your dogs and kids. I don't mean you have to WATCH THEM LIKE A HAWK but if you see your babies doing something that they shouldn't then for God's sake get involved!!! Take some personal responsibility, and don't expect other people to discipline them for you...

Sorry RANT over… LOL

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Crazy Bulldog Lady IPickedADaisy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Glad to hear Chesty is fine. Just proves owners like that are what cause the problem in the first place. How many times do we need to say don't bring your aggressive dog to an off leash dog park? You're ruining it for everyone.
    Want to see more of me? Follow me on Instagram @DaisyMaeHambone

Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I've seen these types of threads posted a lot on here lately, I'm sure with the weather getting warmer everyone wants to go out and play

To be completely honest, its NOT just the dog parks anymore… it's the kid's play areas as well. People don't want to discipline their dogs OR their kids… they go to these types of places and walk away, get on their phones, and ignore what is going on. It makes me VERY sad because this is the perfect opportunity to reinforce good behavior(or choices) w/your dogs and kids. I don't mean you have to WATCH THEM LIKE A HAWK but if you see your babies doing something that they shouldn't then for God's sake get involved!!! Take some personal responsibility, and don't expect other people to discipline them for you...

Sorry RANT over… LOL
    I hear you and you are soooo right!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads