4flowers

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
I love all the examples of how smart they all are. Daisy likes to anticipate which command I'm going to make her do in order to earn the treat in my hand. When I open the jar she'll sit but if I don't give it to her right then she will lay down, then roll over, then hop in her bed. One of them has to be right. She certainly knows let's go to bed and sometimes tries to get me to go before I'm ready. She probably think's I'm the stupid one not doing what she told me.
HYSTERICAL!!! She goes through all the commands! Lol! Sometimes I go to give Meatball a blueberry, he bolts to his crate! Like that's what I want him to do! I was just giving him a blueberry Lol!

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Dexter always just sits patiently and waits for his treat. But I can be sitting on the couch and tell him to come snuggle and he knows that's key for get on the couch with my momma. He also knows that his blanket is supposed to be up there before he does. The blanket us green and we tell him to get on the green (even on the bed) and he'll move where he's all the way on his blanket

Anamaida

Oct 3, 2013
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Itzy
I got a smart one. When is treat time, she does the sitting, the speaking (she barks), giving hand, and its funny when I say " give me your hand" she does it, then I say "not that one the other one" and she gives the other one, and I say " the other one" than she growls but still does it!! Lol but if there is not treat in my hand she doesn't do anything at all. little brat! Also when I say "mimi time" she goes to her bed and lay down, if she has no water she barks at her plate, sometimes she brings it to the water fountain. If the door is open and I see her going outside I say "itzy you ain't going anywhere" then she stays. When she's done something bad I get mad right? Then she comes giggling his butt and tryies to kiss me. Lol. These dogs are amazing!

VegasGeorge

Jan 13, 2013
Sin City in the Great Mojave Desert
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily and Daisy
Both of my girls know how to count, at least to three, and I think further. You see, I give them three treats for being good and going poo or pee in the right spot. They sit, and I usually give them the treats one at a time. They remain sitting for the third treat, after which they turn away to leave. I've noticed that they will turn away if I give them two treats at once, followed by the third treat by itself. They will also turn away if I give them all three treats at the same time. They are counting their treats, and know when they've received the allotted three. Here's the real funny part. If one of them does a double header, pooing and peeing back to back, she will sit there and wait for the second set of treats. She has already received her first three treats, but knows that she has three more coming. And, like with the first set of three, she will count the second set and only turn away once she has received the sixth treat. So, she is either counting to three twice, or counting to six. I think that's pretty smart.

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
Mine can tell time. Breakfast time and supper time. :lmao:

No but he will do all his tricks when I pull out the bag of green beans from the freezer before I even ask. Its quite funny.

OP
4flowers

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Both of my girls know how to count, at least to three, and I think further. You see, I give them three treats for being good and going poo or pee in the right spot. They sit, and I usually give them the treats one at a time. They remain sitting for the third treat, after which they turn away to leave. I've noticed that they will turn away if I give them two treats at once, followed by the third treat by itself. They will also turn away if I give them all three treats at the same time. They are counting their treats, and know when they've received the allotted three. Here's the real funny part. If one of them does a double header, pooing and peeing back to back, she will sit there and wait for the second set of treats. She has already received her first three treats, but knows that she has three more coming. And, like with the first set of three, she will count the second set and only turn away once she has received the sixth treat. So, she is either counting to three twice, or counting to six. I think that's pretty smart.
Lol!! I'm telling you people underestimate these dogs!

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)

Very impressive! I'll have to try that with Daisy. I never give the same number of treats at a time.

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
Mine can tell time. Breakfast time and supper time. :lmao:

No but he will do all his tricks when I pull out the bag of green beans from the freezer before I even ask. Its quite funny.

Love it! He knows the routine & what it takes to get his treat.

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
My 5 y/o fatso is so smart if we even spell something he doesn't like like walk, medicine, or ear drops he will go into his crate lol

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Aww, they're SO smart:w00t: My kids also do some clever things<3

Joey will fetch soft things to put in a pile to sleep on. She'll drag beds, carpets and anything else she can find into one spot, it's very cute. Once when we were moving she slept on her bed in one of the bedrooms, when I went to check on her she had dragged a set of dirty curtains from a different room to her bed. She will also pull her bed to spots where the sun is shining in trough a window:) Joey knows when it's 9PM, she starts barking then and wants to go out, get her treat and go to bed. She'll also bark if anyone else is sleeping in HER bed. She knows what's hers;)

Boeboe will put her incredibly soft head on your lap and when you lean forward to pet her she'll turn around and put her butt in position for some scratching, lol. Boeobe can also tell if something has been moved or is new in the house or garden. She'll be suspicious of it until I show it to her and tell her it's is ok.

Bennie knows he has to wait for a certain word before he can eat... I can say other words and sentences but he'll wait for the right word. He also knows very well when he's been naughty and he goes to sit in a corner. Sometimes when my husband sleeps and Bennie walks around making noise (he drags his feet) I whisper his name to him and he starts lifting his legs and walks slowly like a ninja:tongue:

And I'm SURE they know time and day cos on Sunday afternoons we take them for their special walks, and Bennie especially gets more and more excited and restless the closer to that time of day we get. The slightest sign of that it's time to go and he goes off like he's nuts:excited:

thecreativemrsfraz

Feb 26, 2014
Jackson, Mississippi
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Isabelle Smushface
Our Isabelle is one smart cookie, just stubborn like her mama and daddy! We've taught her to sit, shake and "sit pretty" (where she pops up and sits on her booty with her paws up like she's begging...although sometimes she sits gorgeous and tumps over). She also, in the morning when we are leaving for work, tell her "izzy it's kennel and cartoon time!" so she gets in her kennel and lays down and waits for us to turn the kitchen tv on (yes we do this for her! She loves Cartoon Network).

I think people give them such a bad judgment on their brains. They're just sweet and stubborn love bugs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
4flowers

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Aww, they're SO smart:w00t: My kids also do some clever things<3

Joey will fetch soft things to put in a pile to sleep on. She'll drag beds, carpets and anything else she can find into one spot, it's very cute. Once when we were moving she slept on her bed in one of the bedrooms, when I went to check on her she had dragged a set of dirty curtains from a different room to her bed. She will also pull her bed to spots where the sun is shining in trough a window:) Joey knows when it's 9PM, she starts barking then and wants to go out, get her treat and go to bed. She'll also bark if anyone else is sleeping in HER bed. She knows what's hers;)

Boeboe will put her incredibly soft head on your lap and when you lean forward to pet her she'll turn around and put her butt in position for some scratching, lol. Boeobe can also tell if something has been moved or is new in the house or garden. She'll be suspicious of it until I show it to her and tell her it's is ok.

Bennie knows he has to wait for a certain word before he can eat... I can say other words and sentences but he'll wait for the right word. He also knows very well when he's been naughty and he goes to sit in a corner. Sometimes when my husband sleeps and Bennie walks around making noise (he drags his feet) I whisper his name to him and he starts lifting his legs and walks slowly like a ninja:tongue:

And I'm SURE they know time and day cos on Sunday afternoons we take them for their special walks, and Bennie especially gets more and more excited and restless the closer to that time of day we get. The slightest sign of that it's time to go and he goes off like he's nuts:excited:
Lol! Meatball knows the time too!!

- - - Updated - - -

Our Isabelle is one smart cookie, just stubborn like her mama and daddy! We've taught her to sit, shake and "sit pretty" (where she pops up and sits on her booty with her paws up like she's begging...although sometimes she sits gorgeous and tumps over). She also, in the morning when we are leaving for work, tell her "izzy it's kennel and cartoon time!" so she gets in her kennel and lays down and waits for us to turn the kitchen tv on (yes we do this for her! She loves Cartoon Network).

I think people give them such a bad judgment on their brains. They're just sweet and stubborn love bugs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, they do have bad reps for being dumb. Stubborn yes, dumb no.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.