Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Who's got a smart bulldog? Lol!

Aww, they're SO smart My kids also do some clever things<3

Joey will fetch soft things to put in a pile to sleep on. She'll drag beds, carpets and anything else she can find into one spot, it's very cute. Once when we were moving she slept on her bed in one of the bedrooms, when I went to check on her she had dragged a set of dirty curtains from a different room to her bed. She will also pull her bed to spots where the sun is shining in trough a window Joey knows when it's 9PM, she starts barking then and wants to go out, get her treat and go to bed. She'll also bark if anyone else is sleeping in HER bed. She knows what's hers

Boeboe will put her incredibly soft head on your lap and when you lean forward to pet her she'll turn around and put her butt in position for some scratching, lol. Boeobe can also tell if something has been moved or is new in the house or garden. She'll be suspicious of it until I show it to her and tell her it's is ok.

Bennie knows he has to wait for a certain word before he can eat... I can say other words and sentences but he'll wait for the right word. He also knows very well when he's been naughty and he goes to sit in a corner. Sometimes when my husband sleeps and Bennie walks around making noise (he drags his feet) I whisper his name to him and he starts lifting his legs and walks slowly like a ninja

And I'm SURE they know time and day cos on Sunday afternoons we take them for their special walks, and Bennie especially gets more and more excited and restless the closer to that time of day we get. The slightest sign of that it's time to go and he goes off like he's nuts
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Real Name
    Alexandra
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Isabelle Smushface
    Likes (Received)

Our Isabelle is one smart cookie, just stubborn like her mama and daddy! We've taught her to sit, shake and "sit pretty" (where she pops up and sits on her booty with her paws up like she's begging...although sometimes she sits gorgeous and tumps over). She also, in the morning when we are leaving for work, tell her "izzy it's kennel and cartoon time!" so she gets in her kennel and lays down and waits for us to turn the kitchen tv on (yes we do this for her! She loves Cartoon Network).

I think people give them such a bad judgment on their brains. They're just sweet and stubborn love bugs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    Aww, they're SO smart My kids also do some clever things<3

Joey will fetch soft things to put in a pile to sleep on. She'll drag beds, carpets and anything else she can find into one spot, it's very cute. Once when we were moving she slept on her bed in one of the bedrooms, when I went to check on her she had dragged a set of dirty curtains from a different room to her bed. She will also pull her bed to spots where the sun is shining in trough a window Joey knows when it's 9PM, she starts barking then and wants to go out, get her treat and go to bed. She'll also bark if anyone else is sleeping in HER bed. She knows what's hers

Boeboe will put her incredibly soft head on your lap and when you lean forward to pet her she'll turn around and put her butt in position for some scratching, lol. Boeobe can also tell if something has been moved or is new in the house or garden. She'll be suspicious of it until I show it to her and tell her it's is ok.

Bennie knows he has to wait for a certain word before he can eat... I can say other words and sentences but he'll wait for the right word. He also knows very well when he's been naughty and he goes to sit in a corner. Sometimes when my husband sleeps and Bennie walks around making noise (he drags his feet) I whisper his name to him and he starts lifting his legs and walks slowly like a ninja

And I'm SURE they know time and day cos on Sunday afternoons we take them for their special walks, and Bennie especially gets more and more excited and restless the closer to that time of day we get. The slightest sign of that it's time to go and he goes off like he's nuts
    Lol! Meatball knows the time too!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thecreativemrsfraz View Post
    Our Isabelle is one smart cookie, just stubborn like her mama and daddy! We've taught her to sit, shake and "sit pretty" (where she pops up and sits on her booty with her paws up like she's begging...although sometimes she sits gorgeous and tumps over). She also, in the morning when we are leaving for work, tell her "izzy it's kennel and cartoon time!" so she gets in her kennel and lays down and waits for us to turn the kitchen tv on (yes we do this for her! She loves Cartoon Network).

I think people give them such a bad judgment on their brains. They're just sweet and stubborn love bugs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, they do have bad reps for being dumb. Stubborn yes, dumb no.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads