Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Who's got a smart bulldog? Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    You or your bullie? lol.. kidding kidding..
    But yeah, it counts!
    you are not kidding.... you met me, I am wise-@ss
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    you are not kidding.... you met me, I am wise-@ss

Crazy Bulldog Lady IPickedADaisy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

I love all the examples of how smart they all are. Daisy likes to anticipate which command I'm going to make her do in order to earn the treat in my hand. When I open the jar she'll sit but if I don't give it to her right then she will lay down, then roll over, then hop in her bed. One of them has to be right. She certainly knows let's go to bed and sometimes tries to get me to go before I'm ready. She probably think's I'm the stupid one not doing what she told me.
    Want to see more of me? Follow me on Instagram @DaisyMaeHambone

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by IPickedADaisy View Post
    I love all the examples of how smart they all are. Daisy likes to anticipate which command I'm going to make her do in order to earn the treat in my hand. When I open the jar she'll sit but if I don't give it to her right then she will lay down, then roll over, then hop in her bed. One of them has to be right. She certainly knows let's go to bed and sometimes tries to get me to go before I'm ready. She probably think's I'm the stupid one not doing what she told me.
    HYSTERICAL!!! She goes through all the commands! Lol! Sometimes I go to give Meatball a blueberry, he bolts to his crate! Like that's what I want him to do! I was just giving him a blueberry Lol!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter
    Likes (Received)

Dexter always just sits patiently and waits for his treat. But I can be sitting on the couch and tell him to come snuggle and he knows that's key for get on the couch with my momma. He also knows that his blanket is supposed to be up there before he does. The blanket us green and we tell him to get on the green (even on the bed) and he'll move where he's all the way on his blanket

Potty Trainer
    Country
    Usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Itzy
    Likes (Received)

I got a smart one. When is treat time, she does the sitting, the speaking (she barks), giving hand, and its funny when I say " give me your hand" she does it, then I say "not that one the other one" and she gives the other one, and I say " the other one" than she growls but still does it!! Lol but if there is not treat in my hand she doesn't do anything at all. little brat! Also when I say "mimi time" she goes to her bed and lay down, if she has no water she barks at her plate, sometimes she brings it to the water fountain. If the door is open and I see her going outside I say "itzy you ain't going anywhere" then she stays. When she's done something bad I get mad right? Then she comes giggling his butt and tryies to kiss me. Lol. These dogs are amazing!

Potty Trainer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily and Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Both of my girls know how to count, at least to three, and I think further. You see, I give them three treats for being good and going poo or pee in the right spot. They sit, and I usually give them the treats one at a time. They remain sitting for the third treat, after which they turn away to leave. I've noticed that they will turn away if I give them two treats at once, followed by the third treat by itself. They will also turn away if I give them all three treats at the same time. They are counting their treats, and know when they've received the allotted three. Here's the real funny part. If one of them does a double header, pooing and peeing back to back, she will sit there and wait for the second set of treats. She has already received her first three treats, but knows that she has three more coming. And, like with the first set of three, she will count the second set and only turn away once she has received the sixth treat. So, she is either counting to three twice, or counting to six. I think that's pretty smart.

"Hit me baby one more time!" 4WHLN's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
    Likes (Received)

Mine can tell time. Breakfast time and supper time.

No but he will do all his tricks when I pull out the bag of green beans from the freezer before I even ask. Its quite funny.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by VegasGeorge View Post
    Both of my girls know how to count, at least to three, and I think further. You see, I give them three treats for being good and going poo or pee in the right spot. They sit, and I usually give them the treats one at a time. They remain sitting for the third treat, after which they turn away to leave. I've noticed that they will turn away if I give them two treats at once, followed by the third treat by itself. They will also turn away if I give them all three treats at the same time. They are counting their treats, and know when they've received the allotted three. Here's the real funny part. If one of them does a double header, pooing and peeing back to back, she will sit there and wait for the second set of treats. She has already received her first three treats, but knows that she has three more coming. And, like with the first set of three, she will count the second set and only turn away once she has received the sixth treat. So, she is either counting to three twice, or counting to six. I think that's pretty smart.
    Lol!! I'm telling you people underestimate these dogs!

Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by VegasGeorge View Post
    Very impressive! I'll have to try that with Daisy. I never give the same number of treats at a time.

Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 4WHLN View Post
    Mine can tell time. Breakfast time and supper time.

No but he will do all his tricks when I pull out the bag of green beans from the freezer before I even ask. Its quite funny.
    Love it! He knows the routine & what it takes to get his treat.

Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fatso, Romeo
    Likes (Received)

My 5 y/o fatso is so smart if we even spell something he doesn't like like walk, medicine, or ear drops he will go into his crate lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads