Rash! Help!

Angelalynn20

Mar 17, 2014
My baby boys a little over 3 months old now. He's got little red bumps everywhere! :( Not sure what to do. He's been outside before and I've never seen him break out like this, and I just washed his bedding. But then again I've done that before too and never seen him do this. I did get his food switched about a week ago. I've been adding his new and old food together for about a week now...the new food is chicken and rice flavored, could that be it?? Not sure what to do I've been giving him baths to see if that helps because I don't want him to be too itchy, although it isn't seeming to bother him to much, but it looks horrible! :(
vy9yhu3y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think it may be the food if that was the most recent change. I would try a different food without the chicken. A lot of bullies on here have problems with chicken.

OP
Angelalynn20

Angelalynn20

Mar 17, 2014
Chicken is the only flavor I've found that he actually likes a lot, so far. But if that's what might work for my boy I'll defiantly try it!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
since you said a recent food change.... i agree, lose the chicken and grains

OP
Angelalynn20

Angelalynn20

Mar 17, 2014
Yeah it's barely over a week ago we've been mixing in this new food. And now all of a sudden he's getting spots everywhere. :( I'll defiantly be changing the food. We're still trying to find a balance of what a good kind is for him. I hate him having to new ones. But I'm gonna lose the chicken and rice. Thanks for the help!

Sherry3102

Mar 28, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Mine does the same thing and has since we got him 5 months ago. We've taken him to the vet & they gave him an allergy shot, antibotics & special shampoo to use on him but nothing has helped. I was feeding him Royal Canine dog food but recently switched him to Blue Wilderness Duck & sweet potato. Have been giving him salmon oil on his food each morning but he still has the rash & hairloss?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 112

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Bubba has this right now. He is on flea medicine but it apparantly is not working. I found a flea on him today so I think it might be from flea bites. Not sure what yours is from but..just a thought

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It usually takes 3 weeks for the effects of the food to kick in, food is so frustrating with these guys.

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
if it is possibly the food, I found with jovi that she does not like beef, pork or chicken.. I thought she would be so easy with food.. nope. BUT I have found that she loves seafood type flavors. so maybe try something like that?

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Yup, chicken is a issue with Meatball too!! Try a different protein.

OP
Angelalynn20

Angelalynn20

Mar 17, 2014
So I found out it was nothing to do with the food. Sorry for the late update. It was the detergent I had used to wash his bedding in. So my vet was closed when I was needing to get some Benadryl for the spots so I couldn't give him any but found out from a close friend I could use the rubbing Benadryl on his spots. Worked like a charm. They've since gone away you could see a difference in just a few hours so I washed all his bedding in nothing but hot water and no rash since. It can't be the food because we've since then let him continue to eat the food after the scare, because the vet had told me it probably wasn't the food since he had been on around 8 days before he spots. So we let him continue with it and still no more spots. So I'm positive it was the detergent. :) thanks for all your feedback!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.