Real Name
    AMY
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Radar
    Likes (Received)

Default HELP!!

Radar had had awful ear scratching runny nose. I took him to the vet with my gut telling me it was allergies( with the warm then cold in Iowa I am struggling as well) but being crazy mom wanted to make sure it wasn't something that I was over looking and make him even sicker, so I took him and they agreed it was allergies and put him on Prednizone for 5 days 10mg in am 10mg in pm that was on Monday, I know it makes them thirsty and have to pee more, but Radar will just be standing there and pee and not even know that he is doing it. It has helped with his runny nose but his eyes still water some, so not sure if the peeing is worth the little releif he is getting? We don't get mad or scold him when he pees inside, we know he can't help it. I want to wean him off of it and try just benadryl and see if that is better without the awful side effects.

Any advice on how quickly I can wean him off? I gave him 2 pills MTW this morning he had 1 in am and I only gave him half with supper tonight and was planning half tomorrow, would saturday be to soon to do 1/2 a day and then another 1/2 on Sunday and then completely stop them and do Benadryl only on Monday????

I am struggling seeing him like this - I was only able to have one skin baby and radar is my 2nd child and worry about him just as much as my son

Thank You all for all your knowledge on the breed and the best ways to take care of them with out this website I would be LOST

Amy

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: HELP!!

I am bad... As i stopped dead on the pred when i noticed the side effects. So, i think your plan should be good.

Poor baby.. I hope he feels better soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I know when I am on them they cut it down by 1/4 0r 1/2 a tab every three days but I am not sure with pets

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Your plan sounds great… just wanted to let you know that when my bully has eye issues I would give them Zyrtec. Seems to help better w/the eyes… Good luck!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Remove Ads