bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
Radar had had awful ear scratching runny nose. I took him to the vet with my gut telling me it was allergies( with the warm then cold in Iowa I am struggling as well) but being crazy mom wanted to make sure it wasn't something that I was over looking and make him even sicker, so I took him and they agreed it was allergies and put him on Prednizone for 5 days 10mg in am 10mg in pm that was on Monday, I know it makes them thirsty and have to pee more, but Radar will just be standing there and pee and not even know that he is doing it. It has helped with his runny nose but his eyes still water some, so not sure if the peeing is worth the little releif he is getting? We don't get mad or scold him when he pees inside, we know he can't help it. I want to wean him off of it and try just benadryl and see if that is better without the awful side effects.

Any advice on how quickly I can wean him off? I gave him 2 pills MTW this morning he had 1 in am and I only gave him half with supper tonight and was planning half tomorrow, would saturday be to soon to do 1/2 a day and then another 1/2 on Sunday and then completely stop them and do Benadryl only on Monday????

I am struggling seeing him like this - I was only able to have one skin baby and radar is my 2nd child and worry about him just as much as my son

Thank You all for all your knowledge on the breed and the best ways to take care of them with out this website I would be LOST

Amy:help::confused:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am bad... As i stopped dead on the pred when i noticed the side effects. So, i think your plan should be good.

Poor baby.. I hope he feels better soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I know when I am on them they cut it down by 1/4 0r 1/2 a tab every three days but I am not sure with pets

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Your plan sounds great… just wanted to let you know that when my bully has eye issues I would give them Zyrtec. Seems to help better w/the eyes… Good luck!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.