Yeast infection... In his ear?!!?!

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
My poor guy has a yeast infection in his left ear. I clean them regularly but noticed some redness in his ear. It didn't seem to bother him, so I thought he had just maybe played too rough with my friend's pointer mix (they're best friends and like to tumble). Then one morning I woke up to him pawing at his ear and it was goopy. The vet said he had a yeast infection. We got a prescription cream and he hates it, but hopefully he'll be feeling better soon!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 180

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Hope Ruckus feels better soon. We think our Holly has an ear infection too and are taking her to the vet tomorrow. She keeps shaking her head and body like she's trying to dry off :(

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Yeah, it happens sometimes. Blue had one when he was about 9 weeks old. You need to take care of it as quick as possible, and then keep an eye out for future infections. There have been cases of bullies losing their hearing due to untreated infections.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope the infection goes away quickly. Please keep us posted.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It could all be from allergies.... give himm Benedryl 1mg per pound of pup.. up to 3x a day.

Banks ears get so yeasty and crusty during the spring and fall, Benedyl helps keep it under control nad I also clean/wipe her ears at least once a day with witch hazel

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
It could all be from allergies.... give himm Benedryl 1mg per pound of pup.. up to 3x a day.

Banks ears get so yeasty and crusty during the spring and fall, Benedyl helps keep it under control nad I also clean/wipe her ears at least once a day with witch hazel

Christine do you put the witch hazel on a pad and wipe it or do you put a few drops in the ear as Ftse gets like Banks too and they not infected so it must be allergies too just hoping its not his food.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Christine do you put the witch hazel on a pad and wipe it or do you put a few drops in the ear as Ftse gets like Banks too and they not infected so it must be allergies too just hoping its not his food.

Julie -- i do both. Daily is a wipe with the witch hazel, but when I see she needs a 'good' cleaning. I will put a few drops in the canal for her to shake it out and loosen it all up for me to wipe out

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Julie -- i do both. Daily is a wipe with the witch hazel, but when I see she needs a 'good' cleaning. I will put a few drops in the canal for her to shake it out and loosen it all up for me to wipe out

I do the same thing. Even with proper cleaning every once in a while Vegas will still get an ear infection, thank goodness it is rare.

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse

Thanks I will start this today with Ftse then, I finally found witch hazel I obviously had not been looking to hard lol

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I do the same thing. Even with proper cleaning every once in a while Vegas will still get an ear infection, thank goodness it is rare.

Yes Ftse gets the dirty yucky ear but very rarely an infection, so I guess we are lucky Kelly

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Thank you for sharing. I hope your baby gets well soon. I noticed a brownish spot on my girl's ear . No redness it might be yeast infection. I am newbie and learning so much from everyone here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

I am going to get some witch hazel hope it works in Porkie. I will make an appointment at the vet .
Here is what she let me get from a pic
4e3a7y5e.jpg

My finger for in the way

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am going to get some witch hazel hope it works in Porkie. I will make an appointment at the vet .
Here is what she let me get from a pic
4e3a7y5e.jpg

My finger for in the way

a little blurry but i would do a squirt let her shake a bit the wipe it our with a cotton pad

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
a little blurry but i would do a squirt let her shake a bit the wipe it our with a cotton pad

Strange part it does't bother. I noticed this dark spot didn't know if it is her natural spots like the ones she has on her body. I will do a squirt and call the vet.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.