Yeast infection... In his ear?!!?!

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Strange part it does't bother her. I noticed this dark spot didn't know if it is her natural spots like the ones she has on her body. I will do a squirt and call the vet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

u3ezy5u6.jpg
better pic

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
u3ezy5u6.jpg
better pic

I took her to the vet turns out it's her pigment. She does have an ear infection and got meds for it.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgHi, poor Ruckus, I'm sorry you're going through this. Sometimes ear infections can be caused by getting water in the ear canal, could he be getting water in his ears when you bath him? I don't pour water on my guys heads when I bath them, I use a face cloth and soap to wash their faces and their nose ropes, and ears. Then I make sure the ears are dried really well. In between their baths I use unscented baby wipes to keep their faces, nose ropes, eyes and the outer parts of the inside of their ears clean. I use a homemade cleaner in their ears when needed, usually about once a month. Take a plastic bottle with a nozzle on it, you can find them at the dollar store, and mix equal amounts of vinegar, preferably apple cider vinegar and hydrogen peroxide, and a couple of drops of rubbing alcohol, be careful not to use too much rubbing alcohol, as it can be drying and irritating to the ear, and cause burning of the tender skin inside the ear. Since Ruckus has a ear infection, and not a yeast infection, you need to use up the antibiotic first to clear it up, and then you can use the ear cleaner as a monthly maintenance to keep the ears clear and clean. I hope he feels better soon, and his ear clears up.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Here she feels better soon. Luckily we have evaded any ear problems. Not so lucky in the lady part and urinary tract infections

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.