Our morning started off a little scarey!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Joe my husband gets up at 5 for work our house was freezing, he immediately came and woke me up and told me to come smell, we could smell like an electrical smoke in our home. Last night in Florida. we dipped down to 31 and had to turn on our central air/HEAT.

We found the source, the fuse box beside our unit in the closet was smoldering and melting!!! :eek:, He pulled the fuse box out and turned the main fuse off in the garage. Of course the coldest day in Florida, Sunday it is suppose to be 77* again, and this happens.

WHAT would have happened if I had left for work? My house would have caught on fire with Vegas inside!!! My Question....Where do I find one of those stickers you put in your front window alerting the fire department you have a pet inside?

I have never thought about putting one of those stickers up and it just dawned on me to do so!!! We are very fortunate that it happened at the same time, well a little before 5 and not while we were at work!! Counting my blessings today.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I'd say you can count your blessings this morning!
For the stickers..... Call the fire department and ask them.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
That is so scary. I am so glad it didn't turn into anything worse. I think I got my sticker from my vet, check the fire dept like Bruce said. Also I am sure you can purchase one at a pet store.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
That is really scary. Thank goodness everyone's safe. I'm going to look for those stickers too.

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Oh my that is scary! That is just crazy scary! Let us know when you find out about the stickers and are you supposed to put them in a certain place on the window? I need to get some of those too. Glad all is okay but not a great way to start out your morning.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
And how do we determine that the fire dept sees those stickers? This scares me also. I've thought about flooding. We have a river that runs right behind us and a river that runs in front of us...across the highway. What if I was at work and there was a breech in the levy? Both Vegas and Orion are in their kennels downstairs...they wouldn't even be able to run up to the top level. I'm going to look into those stickers...but I have some questions also.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
aspca also has those stickers. I think if you look online maybe they can send them out? They automatically sent them to me this year I guess since I was on their mailing list. Good question tho, where is the best place to put them?

You are so lucky [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] I wouldnt even want to think what could have happened. WOW!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Awww I'm so sorry kmarino! Definitely a scary morning!

Protection One alarm had a promotion online giving those stickers out for free and thats how I got mine. I have also seen them at the check out area of pet stores. I have one on my front door and one on my back slider. That is one of my worst nightmares, be it fire, flood, something happening at home and I am not able to get there to save my babies :( Even with the stickers though I am with Libra, I still fear that they won't be seen in time to save them. I am a huge worry wort!

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
I went on ASPCA website and [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] is right you can order them. I hope the safety pack indicates where to place them or I will have them everywhere! I have thought about that all morning! I have Brodie, when were gone, locked up in my bathroom until potty trained, etc. Lola is out in the house, but wow I am also, like [MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] a huge worry wort! I am also going to contact my alarm service and make sure they know because I don't know if I told them or if they asked.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], i'm so glad hubby woke you up and you found the source of the smell! how scary. :whew:

Even with the stickers though I am with Libra, I still fear that they won't be seen in time to save them. I am a huge worry wort!

I am a big worrier as well, and I always worry about the house catching fire and whether or not the fire dept. will save butler. the fire dept. is on the same block as my neighborhood, so i know they would get here in time to save him, but i put a combination lock on butler's crate to prevent some thugs from stealing him in the event someone burglarizes our home. i have the combination set to the fire and police code for "animal" so i hope they would be able to figure that out. even if they couldn't, they do carry bolt cutters and are supposed to save animals. I would sue the hell out of the city if they didn't make every effort to save butler. There is a sign on both entrances to the house and his crate is highly visible in the living room, no excuses fire department! if they will perform acrobatic feats and spend hours and hours to save an angry cat, they better do anything necessary to save my dog!

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Wow! That is crazy! In Canada we sell them at Petsmart, walmart. One of my clients made one with a picture and all the information and laminated it and put it on her door but I didnt think that would be too smart for robbers with bullies! Thank God everything turned out okay!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION], I went online to the Protection One site, I can not find anywhere to order the pet stickers? I could not stop at Petsmart tonight because I am STILL waiting on the Electrician that was suppose to be here 2 hours ago!!! :angry:, I will have to go tomorrow after work, in the mean time it is another record low in Florida tonight 32* and we have NO heat!!! I am a little :angry:, at the electrician at this point!!!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION], I went online to the Protection One site, I can not find anywhere to order the pet stickers? I could not stop at Petsmart tonight because I am STILL waiting on the Electrician that was suppose to be here 2 hours ago!!! :angry:, I will have to go tomorrow after work, in the mean time it is another record low in Florida tonight 32* and we have NO heat!!! I am a little :angry:, at the electrician at this point!!!

[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] Yeah it was a while ago that I got them so not sure if they still offer them :(

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
So glad it wasn't worse! Any chance you could stay at a motel tonight?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online