Our morning started off a little scarey!!

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
that is scary Kelly!! I have the security alarm set for anyone who breaks in and for any fire.. so I would hope that Chessie (and milo) wouldn't be stolen or caught in a fire..but I've never seen the dog stickers. I still have the "child" ones from the fire dept for my kids..I may ask one of the volunteer firefighters I know if there is such a thing they give out. But Kelly..you certainly had your guardian angel watching over you!!!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], the guy is here now to fix it, hopefully within the hour we will have heat, good thing is I have a big pot of home made ham and bean soup cooking from the leftover ham from Christmas, the house smells yummy and it has to cook for 4 hours so it really has warmed the house up.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=530]LisaRN[/MENTION], thank you, and I agree someone was definately watching over us, My neighbors are "snowbirds" and retired they will arrive the 2nd of Jan. for about 6 months, I will definatley let them know that if ANYTHING happens to this house to PLEASE make sure Vegas is taken care of, they Loooove him!!! I am going to Petsmart tomorrow to get one of those stickers, you place them in a front door or window and firefighters are trained to look for signs such as children and pets. This really put the fear in me, I have never even thought of it before today to alert in case of emergency for Vegas!!.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I also went to the ASPCA website and ordered the free kit. They do sell the "animal inside" stickers. You get 100 of them for $20.00. I'm still trying to figure out where I'd put all 100 stickers.....:whistle:

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION], spread the love, LOL, no seriously if you put a hundred stickers on your front and back door, I THINK the firefighters would get it!!! :lol:, I am just going to Petsmart after work tomorrow and getting two, front and back door, and I will alert my neighbors.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
my dad is a retired firefighter i will ask him, i have never seen any at the station but that doesnt mean they werent in the office! waiting for a response from him
as a 9-11 dispatcher you can contact your police dept or sherrifs office which ever one answers the 9-11 calls and ask them if they can add a comment to your address for them to put 2(or however many) animals inside. that way if you call from your landline it will automaticlly pop up and the dispatcher will notify the fire dept when they are toned out. the only thing is it'll only work for landlines not cell phones.
also if you have an alarm for your house you can call them and they will note it and when ever something happens and they notify the polics dept they will tell the dispatcher and the dispatcher will notify the fire dept as well

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
ok finally heard from my dad... he said that arlington fd didnt have any dog stickers but they did have dog CPR masks. he also said that once they go in and search a house they will look for kids people animals anything alive and will try and save anything. of course that doesnt mean that other fire depts dont have any stickers

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
I have the ASPCA stickers on both my front and back doors. I do have one complaint as even with permanent marker they tend to fade quite fast, so check them monthly. I will be replacing mine soon!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] ... I saw this on your facebook but once again I just want to say how lucky that it happened before you had left your house!! :crazy:

I have never heard of these stickers but think it's a wonderful idea!!! I am going to go on the ASPCA website now and find out how to get some!!!

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online