brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
So, coming from personal experience and reading the threads on here daily, considering what these crazy bulldogs put us through on a daily basis, namely Blue's mommy right now, we should have a standing RX for Xanex at the ready. I do not know how we survive these little darlings in tact. Any other ideas?? I am always open for suggestions. :w00t:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh I'm right there w/you on this one Rosalie… LOL I say that a good stiff drink is in order at times… :drink: Now that I'm bully-less I'm doubly worried about all of YOUR doggies!!! LMAO!!!

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh I'm right there w/you on this one Rosalie… LOL I say that a good stiff drink is in order at times… :drink: Now that I'm bully-less I'm doubly worried about all of YOUR doggies!!! LMAO!!!

Lol, I worry like they are all mine also. Gary say's I need professional help!!:doctor:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Couldn't agree with you more... Have you ever tried to put drop up a bullies nose? It is not fun. lol

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse

Lol, I worry like they are all mine also. Gary say's I need professional help!!:doctor:

Honestly Rosalie and Tracey I think we are all a little wacky over the Bullies LOL

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Couldn't agree with you more... Have you ever tried to put drop up a bullies nose? It is not fun. lol
I've dealt with eyes and ears so far. It was not pleasant. Drops and ointment. Like the drops didn't piss them off enough, here comes the ointment! I can't imagine drops in the nose! I think the vets laugh at us when we leave.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Luckily I DO have a standing order for Xanax! :laugh:Our bulldogs are like human toddlers, at least I think so. Just the way they carry themselves, their funny expressions, how they whine when you don't pay attention to them, how they love being snuggled...all those qualities make them so endearing and when something happens to them, no matter how seemingly "minor", like a sniffly nose or missing a step and falling, we worry and go cuckoo. I know i will internalize, worry all day, not be able to concentrate...thank goodness for this site where we can share and support one another!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Xanax, wine, ---whatever your poison.... But i would not trade them for anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Wine, dirty martini w/blue cheese olives, sangria, good scotch! Can you tell I have 4 kids, a bulldog, husband, and cat?!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Great post, Rosalie and I soooo agree! My friends have suggested
I stay off EBN (like I could) as I've been so broken up whenever
a member loses a bully or very ill bully or stories of the inhumane
treatment (formerly) of adopted bullies and the shape they're in. I
have stopped reading/viewing pics of EBN's medical help for rescue's
~can't take it.

Bullies are so wonderful and I think, you either get them or you don't.
They certainly aren't for many but for all here, can't get enough of them.
Cami fills my heart with so much love, I can't contain it all <3

GOD bless and favor each person, family, bullies and EBN!

tcgurlie

Jan 17, 2014
I have a hubby 5 kids ages 11, 10, 8, 5, and 4.... Only 1 of them a girl, my bully baby a cat and a mom in my house. I have Xanax, and I should buy stocks in vodka! :) I'm dealing with mites(dog) and yeast(dog) my husband thinks I'm crazy! He's only home a week, then leaves for a month(oilfield) so if I didn't have my meds I would need a vacation in a cell with padded walls;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Luckily I DO have a standing order for Xanax! :laugh:Our bulldogs are like human toddlers, at least I think so. Just the way they carry themselves, their funny expressions, how they whine when you don't pay attention to them, how they love being snuggled...all those qualities make them so endearing and when something happens to them, no matter how seemingly "minor", like a sniffly nose or missing a step and falling, we worry and go cuckoo. I know i will internalize, worry all day, not be able to concentrate...thank goodness for this site where we can share and support one another!

Funny that is how i see mine (and all the other EBs) they're really cute little toddlers. They can go potty on their own but can't clean themselves, they can eat on their own but make lots of mess, all they want to do is play, they want to be the center of attention, do lots of goofy stuffs that's more entertaining than watching TV. Although their communication skill needs work, you understand them, and when they're sick we are more a wreck than them! Man i love my boy! :luv:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
@dieMuttivonBifi you articulated my thoughts perfectly. @brutus77 where do I sign up for the Xanax?

Oh, and our squeaker fiasco isn't over yet. He vomited Friday, Saturday and early Sunday morning (woke up at 2 to gagging sounds). Went back to the hospital this morning. They checked him and said his belly felt fine and think the
vomiting is from the anesthesia. Gave him a shot and sent us home. Stopped off at Whole foods for some grass fed, organic hamburger. Boiled it with rice and will be giving it to him over the next few days. Man, this little darling bulldog of mine eats better than I do!
Of course eating grass fed hamburger is exhausting, so a nap is a must Zzzz.
About to wake his fat arse up for a walk.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I've missed something, but clearly Blue has been a challenge recently. I'll have to track it down. People think I am completely insane over Dudley. It's like they always knew I was crazy, but since I got Dudley - now they have proof. But, he is MY CHILD...I don't have children. I've never had a dog like him...bulldogs are special.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.