Martin Gale Collar

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
I recently, bought Pork Chop a Martin Gale collar and I love it! At first, didn't think it was secure enough but it turns out the collar fit fine. It's the loop that puts doubt. I have better mobility and control of her using it. Anyone here have the same experience?

Susie

Jul 4, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Howie
image.jpgYes, Martingale collar is what we use on our Howie since he was a puppy. He kept escaping from us when we used the normal collars. He was able to get his head out from the collar when we went for walks, especially, when he was stubborn. With the martingale collar, it really doesn't harm him and easier for us to control while we are walking. A quick jerk of the collar will correct his bad behaviour. Most recommended.:yes:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I recently bought one after Frankie was in a bully rescue parade. He pulled me around so bad in his harness i had a huge arthritis flare up for two days after. The director of the rescue suggested a martingale so i bought it and holy cow i love it. It gives such control without choking. I went out and bought another for Brutus! They are cute , black with white skull and cross bones! I would recommend them also. They cannot back out of them because they tighten just enough to stop what they are doing then losen again right away.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Pictures, we need pictures please. :)

ColeB

Mar 18, 2014
Richmond, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cue
I use a martingale on Cue and it's great! Luckily she's also good at walking on a leash so I'm sure that helps!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
We have one maybe we should retry using it as Ftse pulls with the harness something shocking

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
I use it on Daisy whenever we go out. Even though she is trained well to walk loosely on leash, there are times she needs just a tad bit of correction. A quick reminder is all she needs & martingale does it perfect. Plus she can't pull out of it because it gets tighter if she pulls. Walking her with a harness is like walking a dog who has never had any leash training--she pulls like crazy because there is no concequence to it.

eljeffe23

Apr 1, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bronson
Our trainer recommended the collar and it works wonders. Bronson is a totally different guy walking with it on.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I recently bought one after Frankie was in a bully rescue parade. He pulled me around so bad in his harness i had a huge arthritis flare up for two days after. The director of the rescue suggested a martingale so i bought it and holy cow i love it. It gives such control without choking. I went out and bought another for Brutus! They are cute , black with white skull and cross bones! I would recommend them also. They cannot back out of them because they tighten just enough to stop what they are doing then losen again right away.

I hope you are doing much with the arthritis, painful. I felt the same way , " I love it" . You mentioned a design, are they only available online ?

I went to Petsmart they only had solid color red , blue and black . I got the red on close to girlie color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope you are doing much with the arthritis, painful. I felt the same way , " I love it" . You mentioned a design, are they only available online ?

I went to Petsmart they only had solid color red , blue and black . I got the red on close to girlie color.

I am much better thank you. I bought mine at Petco. I even have leashes that match the collar.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My collar does not look like this. Mine has no clasp. It is continuous and it slips over the dogs head. It is adjustable once it is on the dog.

I am going to have to make a trip to Petco and see what they have. I noticed there's a website as well.

I like that the collar goes around the neck and adjust. The ones at Petsmart all had clasp. Not much of a variety to pick from.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am going to have to make a trip to Petco and see what they have. I noticed there's a website as well.

I like that the collar goes around the neck and adjust. The ones at Petsmart all had clasp. Not much of a variety to pick from.

I would take a ride and see what they have. Clasps make me nervous. Frankie pop his clasp once. Thank god we were at the animal hospital and he could not get out. The one that I have, they have no way to get out of it. And the design is cute with the matching leash. I think they had a bunch of them. They aren't over by the leashes and collars though, they are over in the training section. Post pics when you get one!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.