They ate my leather sofa!!! what can i do?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
About 20 minutes ago I noticed this: IMG_6420.jpg

This is a cushion of my leather sofa, one I bought only last year and one that I spent more than I had planned to do at the time. I'm super-bummed out right now. When I saw this, I shrieked. Finn immediately, and I mean, immediately put his head down and avoided all eye contact with me. I think he must've just done this naughty deed b/c there was still drool on it. Both Finn and Tate just sat there, didn't make a move, until I was done with my tirade! Just a couple days ago this is what they did to the arm rest:
IMG_6418.jpg

I'm definitely not in a position to buy a new sofa so I'm thinking of getting it re-upholstered but that might be costly too, OR, simply hiding the damage somehow. Anyone have any inexpensive ideas for me? I can cover up with blankets, and maybe use duct tape for the cushion, lol!!
Oh, the boys were so considerate though and left me some of the stuffing...
IMG_6421.jpg

I could hardly stay angry at them for long though. After all, it's just "stuff", right. In fact, as I'm typing this, they're both sleeping on the mangled sofa right by my side. :tapfoot:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh BOY… OH BOYS!!! :eek:

I love the fact there is plenty of "hair" evidence at the scene of the crime… LOL I would say call around, maybe someone can "fix" it as much as they can… this happens all the time BTW. Looks like it's just around the seam areas, it would be different if they actually pulled off the leather. So sorry Henny… you keep getting the hits girl, HANG in there!!! :(

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
oh no!!! naughty (but very handsome) boys! sorry this happened :( and i agree how can you stay mad at those 4 innocent eyes?! lol.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ut oh bad boys. Maybe they can be resewn. If its any consolation, my dining room table is pretty chewed up.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good lord they are sooooooooooo darn lucky they are cute!

Maybe see if you can find someone to come in and sew it up ??

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
O my goodness... luckily duct tape is very fashionable:yes: I'd probably duct tape it and then maybe patch it up with a cool fabric over it. When you have dogs you know how to make lemonade out of lemons, lol. I'm really sorry, it can't have been fun discovering this:( but as you say... it's VERY hard to stay angry at them:tongue:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] Oh I am so sorry! We never know what to expect next from the "angels" do we?! Maybe you can get some leather, or vinyl at a craft store, and some
construction glue, and glue something a similar color on the holes. Then spray some Bitter Apple or something similar on it. I'm afraid that they might be planning to finish the job, when you are not around! Better put crime scene tape around the couch-maybe that will scare them off!(NOT)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Wow. I can agine your anger. You can always patch it up with duct tape and then cover it with a nice sofa cover. Or you can look to find someone to redo the leather work.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
OH NO Henny, my pug did this to our old leather sofa when it was new but not on the leather just chewed the wooden arms and we had it taken away and restored but it was not cheap. You really are having a horrible week or two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Aw man! That stinks! It might be wise to invest in a couple of dog crates before you fix the sofa! :)

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION], they have had 6 crates between the two of them! In fact, I just got Finn one of those xtra large 42" ones on Fri night so he could stretch out more. I guess his sofa redesign was his way of thanking me! :(

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh geez I would have been mad too!! Duct tape or a couch cover, Surefit makes nice ones, I had one on my old couch. I found mine on ebay, way cheaper than finding a couch cover in the store.

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
That sucks!!!! Can you get some sofa slip covers? They have them at targets etc. they make them for sofas, love seats, and chairs.

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Seriously I'm still giggling over this. It's not funny, I think if I were you I would be crying lol ! They really are so darn cute!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.