Tearing......

Brandie37

Mar 10, 2014
KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Bruno & Louie
When I got Bella I noticed that her eyes would tear off and off so, I started cleaning under her eyes a couple of times a week. The tearing isn't going away and the skin/ hair is now staying wet and is stained. She's on a grain free food because I know some people have linked tearing to allergies. Any other options I could try to get it to stop????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Try giving her bottled water and sometimes tearing means allergy too. Well the experts will come along lets see what they say :yes:.

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
When Meatball tears it's usually a allergy. What's her protein? I know Chicken/Salmon is a no no for Meatball. The only other time Meatball tears is when he had kennel cough, and once he got scratched above the eye during playtime with other dogs.

OP
Brandie37

Brandie37

Mar 10, 2014
KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Bruno & Louie
She eats Wellness Core Grain Free and the meat in it is deboned chicken

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Most of the time it's from allergies, whether it's from environment or food. It can also be from Entropion. Have you had Bella checked for this? Sometimes you can see it yourself. The lower eye lashes turn in toward the eyeball and rub on it causing the tearing.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I had Amber and Ruby on Wellness Core for their kibbles and both of them had tear stains. I have been traveling so I have to rely on kibbles for now because I am unable to cook for them. Well, I decided to try the Fromm brand dog foods because of the reviews and Amber and Ruby have been on Fromm now since the middle of January; since the switch the have been tear stain free, both of them! I use the Fromm Fritatta and the Fromm Pork and Peas and plan on switching them back and forth. I started with two bags of the Fritatta andafter a bag and a half they were tear stain free and remain that way after three bags now. Wellness Core was a good food but I didn't have the same results I am having now. Good luck.

OP
Brandie37

Brandie37

Mar 10, 2014
KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Bruno & Louie
Thank you guys !!! I really appreciate it, I have checked her eye kids and they look fine. I have read on here where other people have said they switched to Fromm and the tearing / stains stopped. I guess I'm going to look into switching her food again lol. On the Fromms, since she's just a pup, I need to get the puppy formula right ?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.