bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
In the last few days Radar has become obsessed with having his ears scratched. He gets up in the middle of the night just to have them scratched. He doesn't need constant scratching and he doesn't try very often to scratch with his back legs and he doesn't have other issues, sores and I haven't changed his diet and his ears get cleaned and I can't see anything funny looking in there.

Any ideas or suggestions?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus is really into having his ears and face scratched lately. I think it is seasonal allergy related. I started him on allegra and it seems to be working well. I won't really know though until this weather gets under control. One day it is 15 degrees and the next it is 50. I'm not sure where you are weather wise but maybe keep an eye on the climate to see if it affects the itchyness.

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
Brutus is really into having his ears and face scratched lately. I think it is seasonal allergy related. I started him on allegra and it seems to be working well. I won't really know though until this weather gets under control. One day it is 15 degrees and the next it is 50. I'm not sure where you are weather wise but maybe keep an eye on the climate to see if it affects the itchyness.

I completely understand the weather -- I am in Iowa and I am fed up with this up and down roller coaster, but the minute I say that we will go from cold to HOT!! I will try the allegra - how much do I give him and how often?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Same dosing as a human 1 pill a day. I give him the over the counter one. nothing with a decongestant or anything like that.

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
Awesome Thank You! I will get him some today and hopefully that will help

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
If his ears are clean and don't have a smell to them, they should be fine. Maybe he just likes the attention.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.