Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I dont know what to do anymore...

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I dont know what to do anymore...

That you ALL for your help and encouragment. Seriously it means so much to me. I am glad to have you guys. And yes Jovi knows "go potty" and when she is outside she knows when I say that she needs to hurry up and go. Thats funny that you guys do that too! haha she learned that within the first week of me getting her. She is very smart, hence why she can get out of things. But I feel like that ONE time she was able to get out and roam free reversed her potty training. Because I admit when my boyfriend and I would go places for less than 2 hours we would leave her locked in oput bedroom and not the crate.. she would do good. She wouldnt go anywhere. But the day she was able to get out of her crate and into the whole house, bam. There goes all that hard work :[ It just bothers me I spent so much time teaching her and was SO PROUD when she was finally potty trained and I bragged about it so much and she knows she can only go outside because she usually pouts when she knows i will find her accidents.. So i was lost on what to do. You guys helped me so much. Back to potty training we go! and yes I do still give her treats everytime she comes in. and when i give it to her I tell her "treat is for potty outside" because she knows treat, potty, and the word outside so i assume she would put it together and thats what made her potty trained.

ALSO, another thing is that MIGHT have reversed it. Before when she had to go potty she would go to the front door anf sit down until someone noticed she was there. Well we used the front door to potty train her. Now that my boyfriends sister moved out we can now access the door from her old bedroom to our fenced in yard and now we have been using that door to bring her out to potty.... would that have something to do with it? maybe she is confused on how to tell us now?

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

That could be it, when she learns that that door is the one she needs to use to go out and do her thing it could all resolve itself. You just have to stick with the routine and she'll get it, she's still a little baby. Like everyone has said potty training is the worse thing and when you have a little magician like her it doesn't help but like Carol said we've all been through it and are here to help.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Checking back on y'all and would like to add, many of our bullies regress on
    going potty about 6 months-9 months, it's weird! Even ones that 'got it' early
    on and were great...goofy bullies

Yes, going out a different door might be throwing her off. However...no matter
    the reason, the key is going back to potty training and since she got it so quickly
    & early, she should do fine, lil stinker! Lucky for her...she's so adorable!

My Cami has had to have potty retraining a couple of times. This after doing it
    perfectly for months, it is a very puzzling thing with many bulldogs. I just go back
    to square one, consistent schedules (my fault, not hers) and effusive praise.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)

I wish I could help. I thought potty training days were behind me, until yesterday when Meatball pee'd on his blanket! So who knows lol! The only thing I know is he's my first english bulldog, but not my first dog ever. However, he gave me the hardest time housebreaking! I mean I cried over it! 2and a half years later it seems I have to start over or maybe he's mad. Seriously I have no idea sorry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads