TedinVegas

Oct 9, 2013
Las Vegas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ted
Hi,

Has anyone ever taken his english bulldog on a long trip, and by long I mean at least 12 hours on a plane? If yes, how did that work out? What did you have to do to prepare your puppy?

Thanks!
Ted's mom :)

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Good question!!!!! I need the answer to this myself, we have a long vacation coming up as well. 9 hour flight. We were planning on getting a dog sitter.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
I am not sure if you are planning on taking your bully on a plane, but I would NEVER put him or her in cargo. Firstly, some airlines won't even fly bulldogs. This is because of their breathing issues, and cargo is not pressurized like the main plane is. Secondly, cargo hold gets very warm, so NO dog should be flown if its over 70 degrees. If you are thinking of purchasing a seat for them, I think they have to be Therapy Certified. So, plane travel is pretty much out of the question. I am sure there are some here that may have done it and have live bullies to talk about, but I would not take the chance. As for long trips, yes, we did 4 trips with Bogey,by car, 23 hours. He was perfect! We could drive 4 or 5 hours and then stop for pee/poop/food/ exercise breaks. We drove 12 hours each day and stopped at a dog friendly hotel overnight. He was a better traveler than me.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Never, ever, ever, put your bully in the cargo hold of a plane, that is a very good way to have a dead bully at the other end, period. They travel very well in the car. We have taken several trios with bullies from Texas to Florida and also to Georgia. We have also flown pups in the cabin with us, but never in the cargo hold, and never will. Get a pet sitter or house sitter you trust to watch your babies when you are gone on vacation.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Someone had to do this to move back to the UK..... UGH, can not remember the member name -- 'Fergie' something or other??? I'll try to find it, they did not do cargo, they had some type of pet travel company, i think

found the thread...... http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...-Fergie-made-it-to-the-UK&p=462628#post462628

i think they did do cargo with lufthansa. they just used a vet to over see the part of the flight from hong kong to the UK. something about they weren't sure if the flight from the philippines would happen on time because the weather conditions had to be perfect for that airline to transport their bullie, and they couldn't miss the connecting.

I remember that thread well. Read it over and over..lol.. (we used to fly a lot until we got Blue).

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.