Raw patch of skin next to Bosco's balls

BoscosMom

Jul 29, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bosco
Last night Bosco was lying on his back and we noticed a big patch of raw skin next to one of his balls! The skin was completely gone and it was all red...It looked really painful but when we tried cleaning it he didn’t flinch.

I'm thinking this happened because of the friction of his testicle against his skin. Over the past few days he has had a lot of exercise so that may be why... But he's an extremely active dog generally and this has never happened before...

Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions as to how we can treat it? Trying to avoid an additional vet visit since he'll be going later next week to get neutered :mellow::( Feel really sorry for the poor little guy

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have no idea on this one, but I tagged some members that can hopefully help...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Can you take a picture? Could be rashes from all the activity, some neosporin may help or diaper rash cream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Picture will help so we can see what the issue might be, but gold bond powder can help if the areas is moist

Staff online

Members online