Rabies shot

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Well I took Rambo down today to get his shot. I thought about it hard and came down with the simple fact is that we live in the country. There are a lot of wild animals around here and decided that it would be best to do it. And on a side note he is almost, 6 months old and weighs a whopping 48 lbs vet said he is a healthy great looking boy.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's the law in most states too. He's going to be a big beautiful boy!!

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
[MENTION=10584]satch1151[/MENTION]...hope Rambo is doing well because he is so big he shouldn't have a reaction but you never know...Chubby is getting a round of shots Friday then 2-3 weeks later Rabies...uggggh so worried:-(

Chubby♡

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Jovi got her rabies shot i think 2 weeks ago? and she has been great still. Had no side affects or anything. good luck on your baby :D and he is BIG comapred to my Jovi. she turned 6 months 2 days ago and she is only 30.4 lbs! I really want her to start filling out :[

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Saturday Ace got his annual round of vaccinations. After a discussion with the Vet over the pro's and con's. I've done the research myself as well and so this discussion wasn't just a carte blanche acceptance of what the Vet thought. Without going into the details Ace got the vaccinations I reasonable thought was necessary and the Rabies which is mandatory [which is good for three years] By observation you couldn't tell that he had any treatments, if hasn't appeared to have affected him one bit. A titer test is a good idea too and may have that done down the road when Ace is a little older. But let's face it the alternatives of no vaccinations, if even permitted in the state in which you live, the alternatives a flip of the coin and risk. I wouldn't let my child go without childhood vaccinations and so why should I risk it with my beloved pet? The alternatives, if infected with one of the diseases inoculated against can be dire and in some cases the life of your dog

B

Baxter Tiberius

Isn't it true that if your dog gets bitten you can simply drive him to a vet in case of rabies, and he can be given simple antibiotics well in advance of any issues that may arise?

Baxter being a 100% indoor dog except when closely monitored at the doggy park, I don't see the need for a rabies vaccination. Especially as I can not think of any scenario whereby I would not be within 10 feet of him when outside the house.

-B-

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Isn't it true that if your dog gets bitten you can simply drive him to a vet in case of rabies, and he can be given simple antibiotics well in advance of any issues that may arise?

Baxter being a 100% indoor dog except when closely monitored at the doggy park, I don't see the need for a rabies vaccination. Especially as I can not think of any scenario whereby I would not be within 10 feet of him when outside the house.

-B-

Don't you need one to get a dog license? Here in CA, all pet dogs have to be licensed with the county and show proof of rabies vaccine. I did research on rabies for a paper a while back and it is truly frightening. It is the only virus that can break the blood/brain barrier and once in the brain cannot be treated. Rabies is commonly spread by tiny bats that can bite without leaving even so much as puncture wound. I don't think that the rabies vaccines are necessary every three years, but they are necessary in my opinion.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w

-B-

Rabies is very difficult to diagnose, and the window for treatment is very short. It's not something I would ever chance.
As much as I hate the idea of giving Blue the rabies booster, we're doing it next month.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad he is doing well. We always vaccinate all our bullies, and have never had any problems.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Same here.... woods all around us and plus it is a state requirement for us, have to get rabies

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.