Foam at the mouth while chewing on treats

ltpyro

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinnamon and Pepper
Anyone else's bullies do this??? I usually give my girls just nylabones to chew on, but as a treat every so often I want to give them a chew bone or bully stick for a little bit. But it worries me that after about 10 mins they have built up a massive amount of white foam around their mouths... not to mention it makes a mess inside the house.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Yes this happens to my two all the time. It looks like they have rabies or something. lol

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes Buster does that sometimes, it gets really messy too! He does it too sometimes when he watches us prepare a meal for ourselves. I wouldn't give them bully sticks, rawhide is really dangerous for these guys.

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
yes jovi does this after he eats. looks like she has white lipstick on. lol

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
What impeccable timing!!! I just came here to research this exact thing and here is a thread. I have noticed Dooley doing this recently. This morning he even choked on his saliva and for a second I thought he threw up.
Glad to see this a common thing I guess.

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
Yep, occasionally Koozer has this too. Just a reminder, no rawhides or bullie sticks because they can be eaten in too large of pieces and can cause digestive problems. Good chew toys are Kongs, antlers, or Nylabones (not the edible kind). The other thing we use are frozen "soup bones" beef bones. Just give it to 'em raw, but I recommend outside, because they can get nasty! But it keeps our bullie busy for a very long time.

OP
ltpyro

ltpyro

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinnamon and Pepper
Ya we only tried the bully sticks once, but they do it with almost any chew treat other then nylabones. I guess it only nylabones for the girls. Thanx everyone.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea drools when she see her meals being prepared or is about to get a treat. However, when she is chewing on one of her many antlers she looks like a rabid animal frothing at the mouth and making a mess everywhere.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks is the QUEEN of this (and being beeeotchy).... when she has something that she just LOVEs, white foam is all around her lips and drool is coming out the side of her jowls

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I have no idea what you're talking about... image.jpg

📰 Latest posts

Members online