Bully-resolutions (Bulldog related New Years Resolutions)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So, as we approach the new year, what are your 'Bully-resolutions'? Anything related to your bulldog you are going to do more?

I plan on bathing my babies more often, now that I will soon have the Dog Booster.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
not spoil him as much?? haha dont think that one will ever happen... i would say start feeding him better treats :whistle:

actually we are looking into adopting a bully from the lonestar bulldog rescue, mr bosley he is so sweet.. hopefully we will be able to do it end of jan begining of feb!!! i hope it'll all work out ive been eyeing him for some time now for some reason i am drawn to him and jeff says if we can scrap up the money and at the same time pay off bills he will be ours!! ive never adopted one so not sure the process but guess it'll be a learning experience!

so my resolution is to adopt a bullie and make lex and bo a big brother!!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
This one is easy. My resolution is to get another bully!!!! or at least try. As for Bear, its to spoil him even more.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Since Stiggy's going to start training school next month, my resolution is to be more persistent and not give in too easily in giving him treats. lol.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I am going to try to be more of a disciplinary figure with Vegas, he minds his daddy, and ignores me when I try to correct him. The humping/jumping on people has got to stop!!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
oh if only mine were possible it would be: to make them scratch their own butt! (I am being nice in my wording)

I love spoiling my bullies, even spoiled brats, they give me no lip or stress like my spoiled skin-kids. (hence the empty-nest this year)
I guess I would have to say, bathe them more.
If money and land was not a concern, rescue many Bullies and let them live in a Bully Assisted living home forever. LOL

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Continue spoiling them both! I agree with the bathing more...it's just NOT fun. I end up with more soap and water on me than Lola has on her and she is the one being bathed! Get Lola's cherry eye fixed...again! I just don't want them to have to put her to sleep......she did not do good the last time so not sure if I will "hit" that resolution.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I plan to make sure she has her healthy treats EVERY DAY! I always remember at bedtime. I :heart: the answers above and make her a big sister in the spring!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
My resolution is to MAKE SURE I wash wrinkles every day! My girls get their bath once a week, which is partly why I guess I don't wash faces more. But, let me tell you, I cheat. I have a 12 year old granddaughter who wanted a cell phone. So Grammie pays the cell bill and Rylee baths the Bullies, picks up the yard, etc. Works out great!!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
My resolution is to MAKE SURE I wash wrinkles every day! My girls get their bath once a week, which is partly why I guess I don't wash faces more. But, let me tell you, I cheat. I have a 12 year old granddaughter who wanted a cell phone. So Grammie pays the cell bill and Rylee baths the Bullies, picks up the yard, etc. Works out great!!

That is so awesome! I used to use it that chore for "allowance" money, however no more kids at home. Hmmm wonder what the kids next door want.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We hired a big kid to do the :poo: cleanup. When the economy went :down: a friend of ours was really struggling and started his own business. "k-9 Clean up". He comes once a week regardless of the weather. He usually shows up on Friday...so if we have weekend BBQ plans we usually only have a few poos to clean up. My husband was thinking of cancelling him for the winter to save some money and I :eek: told him "Are you kidding me?" Personally, I'd rather cut down on the cable channels and keep the pooper scooper. So, we are keeping him.

Our resolution will be to change to food to a grain free and try it out. Also, really work on getting her tearstains under control and work on the chin stains also. I'd like to say "get Orion into daycare" but I don't think that will be happening.

Last edited:

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
Also, really work on getting her tearstains under control and work on the chin stains also.

i know you know tons about bullies so don't take offense: have you tried to use hydrogen peroxide to clean up the stains? when i had my first two ebs they were eating royal canin bulldog :down: and it had beet pulp in it, it stained chas' face and i used hydrogen peroxide to remove the stains, it worked great! and then i switched their food and it wasn't a problem anymore.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hmm... well as Maggie already gets spoilt rotten, then I can only say to continue to give her the treatment she deserves. :up: Daddy is already getting treated the same!

At a push I will say what others have said, and bathe them more. Also, to try and take them for more walks. It's not as easy to walk the dogs here, as the summer is so hot and humid and then we have these icy cold snow days in winter. I keep saying that north-east ohio has only got two seasons out of the four it's supposed to have!! They would be 7-8 months of winter and 2-3months of scorching summer with spring and fall taking up about 2-3 weeks total!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online