Bully proof bed?

ColeB

Mar 18, 2014
Richmond, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cue
So I'm wondering if there is a such thing lol. Cue was fine for about a week and a half with her nice new orthopedic bed. Then we left her home with it and got back.... well I'm sure you can guess. It wasn't completely destroyed (possibly even salvageable) but she did start to pull out the foam. We will probably try it again after I sew it up and only when we are home, but in case it doesn't last... any suggestions?

I was thinking maybe a pet cot? So she would still have plenty of support minus the fluff? I just don't want her to constantly have to sleep on the floor :(

BullyWyatt

Mar 2, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Wyatt
5ujugeme.jpg

It's hard to tell in the pic but Wyatt's bed looks like a tiny sofa. He had to put it down in the basement as Wyatt was chewing the poop out of it. And it wasn't cheap. But we have another one that he is currently using which he likes but he is chewing this one too but it's not as fancy as the sofa one. I'd be interested in what some of the other members say about their EB's beds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We have several beds for Harlea around the house. She has a Coolaroo in her play pen, a homemade pink quilted fuzzy bed in her crate, memory foam in the living room and several other in and around the house. Harlea has destroyed several including the supposedly indestructible Kong crate bed. In our case what we found out is if we left the tags on any bed she would rip them off and destroy the bed in the process. Once we figured that out and started cutting the tags off she stopped eating them. It might be worth a shot but may or may not work for Cue.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My dogs don't bother their beds too much, but I also got them a coolaroo. I got a large, so more than one could fit on it. I didn't really think they would like it, being they were used to stuffed beds. They love it! The large was only $29.95, and it has held up very well-even though they also use it as a "wrestling ring"! If the covers ever do rip, you can get replacement covers, they've had it for a year-it's still fine.:yes:.
images

OP
ColeB

ColeB

Mar 18, 2014
Richmond, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cue
thanks everyone! We are going to fix up her old one and take off the tag (turns out that's where she started the destruction process...). If that doesn't work we will look into either a coolaroo or a kuranda! It's good to know that there is still hope lol :thanks:

SirJoseph

Feb 16, 2014
Northern Nevada
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Joseph AKA JOE
Absolutely! The Kuranda dog bed is indestructible and my bulldogs LOVE it. We have 3, all in size medium. Here is the amazon link. Check out the reviews.
http://www.amazon.com/Kuranda-Walnu...id=1395632615&sr=8-1&keywords=dog+bed+kuranda
View attachment 68412

dawwww - Look at those doggies how awesome are they - Very cool dogs...

JOE ripped up his bed and I have yet to buy another...He sleeps on Bea's bed or up on 'his' couch or the floor. He doesn't seem to be interested in tearing up Bea's bed though. I will have to check out that Kuranda bed. Thx.

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
This is a really good question. I gave up on buying Meatball beds! They never lasted a week! Now he sleeps in the girls playroom on a couch, or in his crate. Although I'm on like my fourth crate, he eats those too lol! I'm going to look into those cots.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
This is a really good question. I gave up on buying Meatball beds! They never lasted a week! Now he sleeps in the girls playroom on a couch, or in his crate. Although I'm on like my fourth crate, he eats those too lol! I'm going to look into those cots.

Meatball is such a character. Love him! Goodluck finding him the right bed.

I built Dexters cot bed-
utu2avun.jpg

Wow you did a very nice job! Looks like store bought and look how satisfied little Dexter is. He's very handsome!

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
[MENTION=6241]Jackieshoes[/MENTION], wow, that is
A Great looking bed and bully

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Meatball is such a character. Love him! Goodluck finding him the right bed.

Wow you did a very nice job! Looks like store bought and look how satisfied little Dexter is. He's very handsome!
Great job!!!! Look at him!! Too cute. Thanks for your input.

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
I bought Chesty a crib mattress, nothing super expensive and a couple crib sheets to go with it. and at first he was a little unsure of it, but after about a week he loves it <3 you can maybe try that. I think i spent $38 on the crib mattress and you figure thats about how much a dog bed cost. and it makes it so much easier to wash just take off the fitted sheet, and put a new one on and wash the previouse one, not to mention cleaning the mattress is easy as well. hope that helps.

Camila bubba

Feb 25, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
Ive spent more that 200 bucks in beds. He keeps destroying them. I gave up. He sleeps in blankets now. No more beds for my bubba!!

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I got Henry a Udesign bed. It's one of the plastic pod ones that you can use the pillow and cover that are made to fit or just put in a standard pillow, blanket, or whatever you like. He loves it and so do I. I got the pod first so I just put one of his crate pads in it. It fit nicely. I got the full cover and pillow because I was hoping it wouldn't come off easy. So far so good.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online