My bully's nose is raw!

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
I want to cry right now!! I am so sick to my stomach too!
Diesel had nostril surgery over two weeks ago. All looked good. I was panicking few times cause he had boogers etc but it was fine. I was gone most of the day today and now when I wanted to clean his wrinkles I saw this!!!!!!
I called the vet who did the surgery what is almost 2h from here and they said I can come now. But my son is sick and I can't drive now two hours to ER clinic and 2h back!
I could wait till tomorrow and go to my regular vet but I know I will have to pay for it and and I really can't afford few hundreds to out in his table now.
I put neosporin on it but he just licked it off!!!!!

asajaded.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
All good.... it is normal. I had two pups with the surgery and both did the same. clean it with some peroxide and put some neosporian on it.

It will close up in a day or two and turn black when healed up. gonna find a couple photos for you

here is my Frenchie - Chelios a couple days after the procedure:

Cheli 002.jpgCheli's nose 003.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep, I agree, totally normal and it will be OK, just like 2BullyMama said clean it if you like and put some neosporian on it, but it will more than likely be OK without doing anything. We have one with the same thing and I didn't put anything on it and it was fine in a few days.

Sminshall

Jan 4, 2014
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arrya
Same issue happened with my Frenchie, Augustus, after he had his surgery. It's such a delicate area but will heal without a problem.

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Oh god, thank you so much!!! I am so paranoid when it comes to him!!!! Ok so I will put something on it again in a few before bed time. His nose seams so dry after this surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

📰 Latest posts

Members online