Nutrition Question

TRubble1

Mar 5, 2014
Does anyone feed Blue Buffalo Wilderness. We feed our puppy Blue Wilderness Puppy and sometimes have issues with diarrhea. Not really sure if it's the food because he is 13 weeks old and part goat also I believe. He chews on everything from grass to sticks to the wooden picket fence around the yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
could be too much food.... how much are you feeding him?

OP
TRubble1

TRubble1

Mar 5, 2014
Usually 3/4 cup in morning around 7:30am. 1/2 cup at noon and 3/4 cup around 6 pm. So around 2 cups all together.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Usually 3/4 cup in morning around 7:30am. 1/2 cup at noon and 3/4 cup around 6 pm. So around 2 cups all together. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

could be too much.... [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] will know better than I

B

Baxter Tiberius

The Blue Buffalo I have says 1/2 cup all day ... to 1.5 cups for the whole day.... for 15lbs

Did you do the full 10-day ramping up period from previous food? That's usually really important.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Try cutting back to 1/2 c 3 times a day and see if it firms up. If not please have his poo checked for parasites as they are common in young puppies.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree with everyone else, cut back a little on his food to see if that helps.

OP
TRubble1

TRubble1

Mar 5, 2014
Thank you all. We are going to cut back on food a little. He just had his last round of puppy shots, second Trifexis and was checks Friday. He starts puppy classes Tuesday. He can be super sweet at time as a biting and growling madman at others. Biting issues get real bad at times.

Brandie37

Mar 10, 2014
KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Bruno & Louie
Thank you all. We are going to cut back on food a little. He just had his last round of puppy shots, second Trifexis and was checks Friday. He starts puppy classes Tuesday. He can be super sweet at time as a biting and growling madman at others. Biting issues get real bad at times.

My 10 week old Bella can be so sweet and then when she has what I call her "fits" which is her being hyper and playing she turns into Jaws and growls too lol !!

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
[MENTION=11331]TRubble1[/MENTION]...Chubby eats Blue Buffalo lamb and Oatmeal puppy food 1/2 a cup...3 times a day...What treats are you feeding him? Chubby had a bad reaction to Milk bones the vet gave him...He has a sensitive tummy so when we go to get his shots we bring our own treats. Hope this helps♡

Chubby♡

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
[MENTION=11331]TRubble1[/MENTION]...Chubby is the sweetest most of the time but he definitely has his moments and I have the scratches and bruises to prove it. He is teething...my hands and feet are his favorite chew toys...Also the coffee table:-(

Chubby♡

OP
TRubble1

TRubble1

Mar 5, 2014
Rubble is on Blue Buffalo Chicken. We cut out the treats trying to pinpoint the problems. Going to try swapping to a non chicken based food to see if it helps. Maybe to Fromms. Thank you for your help. Chubby is a beauty.

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
[MENTION=11331]TRubble1[/MENTION]...you are very welcome...Since you are trying new foods they told me @ petsmart if you use less then half the bag you can exchange it for something else if your dog doesn't like it or has allergies to it...i haven't had to do that but was happy i had the option...Chubby likes the Blue Buffalo Health Bars...they remind me of girl scout cookies he has about 2 a day...Having a bully is definitely like having a baby...learning new things about my baby every day...♡

Chubby♡

OP
TRubble1

TRubble1

Mar 5, 2014
I have been thinking about the grass also. Trying to break him from eating grass but he is so stubborn. He is back at the vet this morning getting checked for possibility of bacterial infection.

📰 Latest posts

Members online