Bulldog restrictions at apartment complex ..frustrated

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
So I just went to look at an apartment in a large complex here in Massachusetts..they said the English Bulldog is on their breed restriction list... I tried to explain that he is an English.. She said that "all types of bulldogs are not allowed"... I'm so frustrated... How can people be so clueless? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395599888.714956.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
look at that sweet face!!!

ignorance and avoiding a lawsuit are bliss to them. :angry:

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Oh girl dont get me started. Some people are just plain ignorant. Some of them are infuriating but i just grit my teeth lol.
look at that innocent face!

OP
Holly33

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
There is another place that just requests an interview with your dog. That is a reasonable request to me

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
There is another place that just requests an interview with your dog. That is a reasonable request to me Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sure is.... I would have no issue with that

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Seriously! Bully breeds are automatically labeled as dangerous even through insurance companies, which is total bs. A chihuahua can be just as aggressive, difference is the size and strength. Punish the deed, not the breed! Sorry for my ranting, but these lovable guys are feared by ignorant people. :(

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thats so awful! Society has just labeled all bulls as bad its trajic honestly. I hope Joe passes his interview!! :D

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Ugg!!! That is the way it is here in Florida, the minute you say "bulldog" they assume Pit bulls. I just answered a PM from one of our member's on this site that wants to move to Florida and was asking me questions. I advised her not to use the word bulldog, when calling for apartments. Ignorant people everywhere!!!

OP
Holly33

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
Joe should do great on his interview at the other place... Unless slobbery kisses are frowned upon during the interview process😄

Brandie37

Mar 10, 2014
KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Bruno & Louie
Ignorance !!!!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep, people are just stupid and it's not right. Just tell them you have a fat Pug. :)

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
So I just went to look at an apartment in a large complex here in Massachusetts..they said the English Bulldog is on their breed restriction list... I tried to explain that he is an English.. She said that "all types of bulldogs are not allowed"... I'm so frustrated... How can people be so clueless? View attachment 68394

Oh because English bulldogs are sooooo aggressive. Watch out, they're the worse of all!!! C'mon!!! Are people really that insane???? Actually no dog is aggressive or crazy. Just gotta show them the right amount of love.

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
I dont think that is right!!! I have never heard of aggressive english bulldogs. And I am pretty sure if they ARE aggressive there is a reason behind the owners. I can understand the american, because they are used in the dog fights and bred to be that. (which ofcourse I am against, just stating) but english bulldogs are the #1 most expensive breed on the "market" and everybody wants them. HOW CAN YOU NOT!!! :w00t:

OP
Holly33

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
I dont think that is right!!! I have never heard of aggressive english bulldogs. And I am pretty sure if they ARE aggressive there is a reason behind the owners. I can understand the american, because they are used in the dog fights and bred to be that. (which ofcourse I am against, just stating) but english bulldogs are the #1 most expensive breed on the "market" and everybody wants them. HOW CAN YOU NOT!!! :w00t:

That is what I was thinking, how can they restrict such a "popular" breed. There are 3 EBs in the complex where I currently live. It really is just ignorance.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online