Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
This is why i wont but something that wont list what type of meat is in it and what percentage -this is truly awful ;-(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Today when I mixed a bowl of food for my boys it consisted raw ground horse meat, turkey necks, lamb with bone, some deer, pigs tongue and veggies (brussel sprouts, cucumber green salad and pineapple pureed) I had the feeling I know what they're eating and it made me happy. Tomorrow they will have chicken thigh chunks without bone in the morning. For the evening, I haven't decided yet.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I have to ask- have we become such a dumbed down nation that when we don't even read the ingredients of what we're buying?

I mean if only the word "meat" was listed, the first thing I'd ask is "what kind of meat"? Followed by a ton of other questions.
Today's better dog food even tells you where they get their "meat" from.
So why would anyone buy something else? And with the all discounts and online coupons offered, you can get the good stuff cheaper these days. So $ is not an excuse.

My mom is a health nut. I'm not, and it drove me crazy growing up. Looking back though, I have to thank her. Her pushiness when it came to nutrition rubbed off in some ways. Like I won't buy anything without reading labels first. It's just ingrained in me.
But if we never ask, or are just are plain disinterested in what goes into our own, or our pets food, this is the sort of crap that happens. So why the outrage when a story like this comes to light? Why would we ever expect more...:(

This is why I love this forum so much. Because people that come here really want the best for their pets, and care about their nutrition. I just wish more people did.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have to ask- have we become such a dumbed down nation that when we don't even read the ingredients of what we're buying?

I mean if only the word "meat" was listed, the first thing I'd ask is "what kind of meat"? Followed by a ton of other questions.
Today's better dog food even tells you where they get their "meat" from.
So why would anyone buy something else? And with the all discounts and online coupons offered, you can get the good stuff cheaper these days. So $ is not an excuse.

My mom is a health nut. I'm not, and it drove me crazy growing up. Looking back though, I have to thank her. Her pushiness when it came to nutrition rubbed off in some ways. Like I won't buy anything without reading labels first. It's just ingrained in me.
But if we never ask, or are just are plain disinterested in what goes into our own, or our pets food, this is the sort of crap that happens. So why the outrage when a story like this comes to light? Why would we ever expect more...:(

This is why I love this forum so much. Because people that come here really want the best for their pets, and care about their nutrition. I just wish more people did.

it truly is ignorance ..... some people just do not want to know, because it is easier for them to accept someone (or company) is not lying to them

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
That's just plain gross. I practice nutrition (human), and I always ask my clients "where is your food coming from". Sad, but our food industry has crossed so many loopholes that it's disgusting what they put in our everyday foods. Example: deli meats. Half of deli meats are pure preservatives and chemical enhancers. But hey, it's 98% fat free so it must be good :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's just plain gross. I practice nutrition (human), and I always ask my clients "where is your food coming from". Sad, but our food industry has crossed so many loopholes that it's disgusting what they put in our everyday foods. Example: deli meats. Half of deli meats are pure preservatives and chemical enhancers. But hey, it's 98% fat free so it must be good :(
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah crap, don't get me started on the fat-free train..... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!! It is all just trash and chemicals

Members online

No members online now.