hotspot

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major

Im pretty sure this is hot spot, but I need more opinions and help on here :). That is the shortest that i can cut his hair, I cant see my self shave it all the way down bc its so raw and bleeding . Would antibiotic " cefpodoxime proxetll" help w additional keeping the area clean and dry. Thanks in advance guys :).taking him to the vet tomorrow for additional help too.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes that does look like a hotspot, ouch! Poor baby. I do not know of that antibiotic, but if it's a cream I would say no unless it has a bit of steroid in it. (Like panalog)

If you have any hydrogen peroxide or witch hazel that will help dry it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
Yea I done that already, and its a pill for skin . I'm just scare that I can't shave the hair all the way down, and can't properclean it and the hot spot would spread more.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Get some chlorhexidine from the drug store (also called Hibiclens). Follow instructions on the bottle on how to dilute it and put some on a clean cloth and apply to the hot spot. Chlorhexidine is a very good antiseptic and will hopefully help your Major out.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yea I done that already, and its a pill for skin . I'm just scare that I can't shave the hair all the way down, and can't properclean it and the hot spot would spread more.

Hopefully there is enough air there to keep it from doing so, do you have a hair buzzer or mustache trimmer?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
as hard as it is, you need to shave it down or take him to the vet to have it done..... the fur holds particles of dirt which prevents it from staying clean and dry.

Brandie37

Mar 10, 2014
KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Bruno & Louie
It does look like a hotspot :( try witch hazel. I would lay off hydrogen peroxide because it will dry it out but when it does start healing it can also kind of eat away the fresh layer of new skin trying to form

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
yea i have to take to the vet and let them shave it down, right now i just try to clean the area every2-3 hrs , thanks

Most Reactions