Vacation???

Tbearlion

Dec 15, 2013
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Marley
Just a random question... Hubby and I would like to go in vacation... Somewhere not in driving distance. Before we moved to SoCal, my mama loved to sit for us, now were so untrusting, due to many bullies being stolen... Who watches your baby when you go? Family? Friends? Boarding? Who do you trust with your bully?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We are fortunate enough to have a very good dog sitter that will come to our home and feed and let them out fir us when we are gone.

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
We had to board Geno when we went to Vegas. Make sure you do research and find a good reputable place.

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
George stays with my mother in law. His Nonna. She is four hours away but worth having someone we trust watch my baby while we are on vacay.

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
We are very fortunate and have family that watches Koozer most of the times. However, there have been a couple of occasions, of an emergent nature due to our jobs, that we have boarded Koozer. We use his daycare facility, which is fabulous and VERY knowledgeable about bullies. They even have a person stay overnight in the facility with the dogs in case something happens. Anyhoo, the place we use is (get ready to laugh) The Bone Adventure, in Costa Mesa. Bottom line though, no matter who is watching my baby, I still stress:)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
While I have some close friends that would watch Harlea for us we just choose to not go anywhere where we can't take her with us.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If they can not go with us, we have family stay at the house with them. I know that does not help, but maybe a friend in the area that would come stay at your place?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I have yet to take an extended vacation b/c I don't know what to do with my two babies. Next year I'm planning to go out of the country for a couple weeks so I'm rather frantic myself right now trying to figure out what to do. [MENTION=5678]Gfitz911[/MENTION], I'm going to have to check out The Bone Adventure as I'm also from So Cal.

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
We've left Charley at two different kennels. He came back from the really nice one that prescreened dogs with infected folds on his face. It was warm weather, he'd played outside, drank a bunch of water and they didn't dry off his face. After about 4 days they took him to the vet. The other kennel was no frills, but the owner gave him awesome care. Still we hated leaving him. Next vacation, we took him with us, but could never really relax. We couldn't both get out of the car and leave him alone nor could we leave him alone in hotel rooms, so we ate way too much fast food. I think next time I'll get a house sitter who is used to caring for dogs. There are a few in our neighborhood. Not easy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Vacation.......what is the word? Is that an English or foreign word? Don't know it.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vacation.......what is the word? Is that an English or foreign word? Don't know it.

Vacation these days means me getting time off work to be home with the boys. We'll do a local day trip here and there, go on lots of hikes, check out parks, etc…but, I haven't been on an airplane since…geez, I can't even remember!!?! But, seriously, I'm totally OKAY with that b/c any time not at the office where I get to cuddle with those two rascals equals paradise for me. :summer:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Vacation these days means me getting time off work to be home with the boys. We'll do a local day trip here and there, go on lots of hikes, check out parks, etc…but, I haven't been on an airplane since…geez, I can't even remember!!?! But, seriously, I'm totally OKAY with that b/c any time not at the office where I get to cuddle with those two rascals equals paradise for me. :summer:

Same here!!:D

Beautiful Berry

Apr 28, 2013
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Berry R.I.P
Im lucky that my Mum (Berrys Grandma) looks after when i go away. They are on a Horse farm so she gets to cruise around all day eating grass and getting fussed over. If i didnt have this option id just have to ask friends to stay at my place.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
You guys who have family members you can trust to care for your bully are so dang lucky!! I'm quite envious. It's hard for me to drop mine off with anyone (or have someone live here while i'm away), b/c my two are a handful for one thing, and for another, i don't think anyone would want all that responsibility! haha. I've also been looking into a professional pet sitter but they can be expensive as well as figuring out how trust worthy they are, well…that's challenging too.

📰 Latest posts

Members online