Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Vacation???

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    Vacation these days means me getting time off work to be home with the boys. We'll do a local day trip here and there, go on lots of hikes, check out parks, etc…but, I haven't been on an airplane since…geez, I can't even remember!!?! But, seriously, I'm totally OKAY with that b/c any time not at the office where I get to cuddle with those two rascals equals paradise for me.

Same here!!

Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member Beautiful Berry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Russ
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Berry R.I.P
    Likes (Received)

Im lucky that my Mum (Berrys Grandma) looks after when i go away. They are on a Horse farm so she gets to cruise around all day eating grass and getting fussed over. If i didnt have this option id just have to ask friends to stay at my place.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

You guys who have family members you can trust to care for your bully are so dang lucky!! I'm quite envious. It's hard for me to drop mine off with anyone (or have someone live here while i'm away), b/c my two are a handful for one thing, and for another, i don't think anyone would want all that responsibility! haha. I've also been looking into a professional pet sitter but they can be expensive as well as figuring out how trust worthy they are, well…that's challenging too.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tallulah
    Likes (Received)

I have a couple of in-home pet sitters. One is a friend and I left Tallulah with her at our house for two days earlier this week. Like most Bullies, she loves all people and they're buddies now. Tallulah was in a great mood when I got back. Next weekend I'm going away and trying someone that works with my dog walker, since my friend is part of the group that's going away.

Unlike a lot of you I don't have the luxury of just not traveling. While I do love to travel for vacation, I also occasionally have to travel for work and am gone for a night or two every couple of months. I would consider boarding Tallulah, but only with a good in-home boarder where she was like another member of the family. I can't imagine using a kennel for overnight.

As I mentioned, I also have a dog walker. I'm single and if I have plans after work or have to work late, someone needs to come take my girl out and get her dinner. It sounds like I'm gone a ton, but I spend so much time with her every day. We just hang out on the sofa and she sleeps and I work or watch TV or whatever I'm doing. I think it's good for her to be socialized to other people, too.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubby
    Likes (Received)

@Tbearlion...on my days off I like to hang out@ home with my kids...that's paradise for me!!! I'm paranoid so I don't like to leave him with anyone....♡ If I didn't work I would be a total hermit:-)

Chubby♡
    Chubby ♡

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads