My Dog won't eat his food

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Hi, I'm new here. I have a 2 year old English bulldog named Meatball. He used to eat 3 cups of Fromm Family Grain Free, food a day plus some treats. Lately, he doesn't eat all his food! Even the doggie camp he goes to mentioned something to my husband. We took him to the vet and he's fine. No worms, illness etc. he's 55 pounds and is like a hurricane through my house. Full of energy, he's not even tired after 8 hours of play at doggie camp. My only concern is his lack of eating lately. How will however still eat his treats, banana, carrots, blueberries, eggs, etc. he might finish a cup and a half a day of his food. Should I switch his brand of food? Wait it out? I have tried switching favors, didn't work. There aren't many Fromm family grain free options. Any advice would be appreciated. Oh and if anyone knows if he will ever calm down please let me know. The other morning I turn around and he's on the dining room table!! Just standing there looking around at everyone lol:)

Leon van houkje

Mar 17, 2014
Groningen, North Holland
Country
Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Leon Van T' Houkje
Maybe stop his treats for a few days ? I had the same with my puppy I was spoiling him to much with treats he wouldn't eat his food but learnt him now he gets treats in the evening after he finished his food

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's to funny about getting on the table and looking at everyone! We only feed our bully 1 and 1/2 cups to 2 cups a day and he's going to be 2 next month, I agree with maybe cutting out the treats for awhile. I think he's just coming into his own right now and as long as his energy level is ok and he's acting normal I wouldn't worry to much about it. Fromms is coming out with a new grain free April 1, Lamb and Lentil. It's kind of cool because your right they don't have a very large selection to choose from. :) He will calm down the older he gets. :welcome: to EBN, there is a ton on information on here about food and everything the bully. Hope you like it as much as I do!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!!

I agree w/everyone else… cut back on the treats, or add something to his kibble like plain greek yogurt or cottage cheese. Fromm's is coming out w/a new grain free kibble soon so maybe you can switch him around. I do w/my dogs, so they get somewhat of a variety. I was cracking up about him being on your table :giggle: next time we need a pic of that… LOL

OP
4flowers

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks for you help. Everyone! I didn't think I was giving too many treats! Will give it a try

OP
4flowers

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
image.jpgHe was just about to eat my husbands slippers!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 119
OP
4flowers

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Thanks for letting me know about the new flavor of Fromm Family. Meatball thanks you too!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 126

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
What a cutie pie!! Also do you do scheduled feedings or let him eat free feedings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
My Buddy Boy went through this when he was between 2 and 3 years of age. He will get through it, it just takes some time. Plus he will settle down some when he gets around 4 years of age. He is a handsome boy too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
View attachment 68249He was just about to eat my husbands slippers!

What Mom, I wasn't doin' nothin'!, promise?!

as for the food... that is a lot of food for a bully, especially a high quality like Fromm. My girl is 60lbs and gets 1 cup 2x a day. maybe cut back on the amount of food each feeding and see how he does.

Members online

No members online now.