Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm looking for some good bones to give buster besides rawhide I will never give him rawhides.Any suggestions,thank you

Default I'm looking for some good bones to give buster besides rawhide I will never give him rawhides.Any suggestions,thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I'm looking for some good bones to give buster besides rawhide I will never give him rawhides.Any suggestions,thank you

My dogs have all kinds of Nylabones. The durabone type. The large sizes. They chew on them all the time. There are also some tough Kong toys.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I'm looking for some good bones to give buster besides rawhide I will never give him rawhides.Any suggestions,thank you

I stopped using Nylabones because the edges get sharp and rough from the chewing and Blue's cut his gums on them. We use Acadia Antlers. Blue can chew on antlers for hours..

We also give raw beef "soup bones" with the marrow inside. We get them in Whole foods. He loves the marrow and the bones themselves last forever.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

what a sweet picture..... I LOVE marrow bones for my guys. They love them, last for hours each time they go at them and when the marrow is gone, I rinse them and stuff with peanut butter, banana, or cream cheese and place in the freezer for next treat
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Elizabeth
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King George
    Likes (Received)

My EB loves the elk antlers. He will chew for hours and they don't snap off shards.

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We use elk antlers as they are easier to get. However, Harlea does love the new flat paddle moose antler I was able to get her last weekend. She chewed on it for 3 hours nonstop the other day.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama I got the idea of the marrow bones from you. You posted about them once, a long long time ago and I've been getting them ever since. Blue goes nuts for them.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Rawhide bones are bad for bullies. They can choke on them or the pieces can cut their intestines and kill a bully. We only give ours Nylabones and Kongs.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bronson
    Likes (Received)

Check out Chewy.com they have the good stuff!
    Bronson & BulldogMD

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

A good antler. Without doubt the favorite of my bulldogge Ace.
    I have had Kongs and nylabones but without a doubt the Antler is far and away his favorite and they do provide some nutritional benefit as well.
    I have bought several but the best so far for freshness and price is found at the link below.
    I Purchased the standard monster size.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=A86XEV0PBXFS8

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    I stopped using Nylabones because the edges get sharp and rough from the chewing and Blue's cut his gums on them. We use Acadia Antlers. Blue can chew on antlers for hours..

We also give raw beef "soup bones" with the marrow inside. We get them in Whole foods. He loves the marrow and the bones themselves last forever.
    I use elk antlers. You can give a bulldog soup bones? I would love to try it! It's safe? My husband has been wanting to buy them for Meatball!

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 4flowers View Post
    I use elk antlers. You can give a bulldog soup bones? I would love to try it! It's safe? My husband has been wanting to buy them for Meatball!
    The raw ones, yes. Those big beef marrow bones are the ones we give Blue. Got the idea from @2BullyMama . And like she said, when they're done with the marrow, you can stuff 'em with peanut butter or cream cheese.. etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads