Skinny Bulldog..

perl726

Mar 20, 2014
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
I've been around bulldogs since I was born but I'm new to actually owning one. Diesel is about 5 months old and he's only 22 lbs I was just wondering if this is normal ? He's just very weird about his food I had to stop feeding him Purina but he loves the fresh pet I feed him now. Very weird dog won't even eat bacon ?!?!? Also he loves water idk if it's something to be concerned about I think he just finds it fun. So I guess I was just wondering if someone's had a similar experience with their pup.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hi and welcome to the forum
Do you have picture taken from above?
As it was already mentioned they all cone in all shapes and sizes ,and feeding a lot of food wont make him grow bigger -but could make him overweight
Can i ask what and how much food do you feed your bully?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Bullies come in all shapes and sizes. When we brought Harlea home at 8 weeks she only weighed 9lbs. At her 10 month check up she was 38.2lbs and looks fantastic.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Brianmays71

Mar 8, 2014
Just like everyone said they all come in different sizes and weight just like people I got a 82 pounder and love him to death they are what they are just love them and take care of them that's all they want
nerave4y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Pic will help a lot - it's hard to tell, Diesel may just be a small one. Mine is exactly 6 months today and is just under 50 lbs but his father weighs over 80 lbs and his mother is a 50 lb bulldog. They all grow differently, even if they are from the same litter.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I've been around bulldogs since I was born but I'm new to actually owning one. Diesel is about 5 months old and he's only 22 lbs I was just wondering if this is normal ? He's just very weird about his food I had to stop feeding him Purina but he loves the fresh pet I feed him now. Very weird dog won't even eat bacon ?!?!? Also he loves water idk if it's something to be concerned about I think he just finds it fun. So I guess I was just wondering if someone's had a similar experience with their pup.

can you post a picture and we can tell how things are going

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
Welcome. Leo weighed 38.5lbs at 5 months, he has a waist and I can feel his ribs. Pics of diesel from a birds eye view would be helpful but like everyone has stated above, they really do vary greatly.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.