Such a handful!

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Hey all long time no see! Sorry it has been hard to get a few mins to myself lately. As most of you know we got Lola a lot earlier then anticipated but you do what you have to. She is now almost 13 weeks and a ham already weighs 26 lbs, she has gained 13 pounds in just under 5 weeks. She is a handful she is struggling with potty training a lot!!! We have tried everything that I have learned on EBN and that we could find on line and nothing is clicking with her still we have only had 3 days when she hasn't peed after a few hours of being at work. The vet has said that everything seems fine no room for concern just something she will grow out of. Well this morning I noticed some discharged coming from her girl parts the vet said it could be a bladder infection or vaginitis but would need a test to say for sure. She doesn't have swelling a fever or excessive licking. I called Loki's vet and she didn't seem to concerned with it either. We haven't had a girl dog before so what is happening? Please help I am sick of giving her bathes or rinses every day! I know that she hates it too :( on positive not Loki is the most amazing big brother ever! He loves and cares for Lola so much it is the best thing to watch him teach her new things every day. He doesn't like when she gets scolded which is hard but what can you do lol

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She is still a pup and it will take some time fir her to be potty trained. Usually when they get about 6 or 7 months old they finally get it, but will still have an accident every once in awhile. As far as the discharge goes, if you don't see it all the time, then I wouldn't worry about it. Plus I would not bath her every day, as that will dry out the skin.

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
I have been only full washing her once a week otherwise it is just a quick rinse :) it's gonna be a long couple months lol. Loki was just way to easy on us. The second child is always the hardest ha ha

MarleneK

Dec 21, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
Try taking Lola and Loki out both at the same time, he could teach her :). When he goes she will go and then praise praise praise :). We did that with Dually and Grandma's Boston Terrier, she was completely trained by 5 months old. Good luck!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's good to see you! :) Good to hear Loki is a good big brother to little Lola too. Hopefully he could teach her a few good habits, I hope Lola gets better and it's nothing bad.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
She is still a pup and it will take some time fir her to be potty trained. Usually when they get about 6 or 7 months old they finally get it, but will still have an accident every once in awhile. As far as the discharge goes, if you don't see it all the time, then I wouldn't worry about it. Plus I would not bath her every day, as that will dry out the skin.

:goodpost: I agree w/David… some pups just take time. Honestly I think it's harder to potty train in the winter than the summer… puppies just DON'T want to get cold!!! LOL I LOVE seeing all your pics & videos on FB. They are too cute!!! :w00t:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey all long time no see! Sorry it has been hard to get a few mins to myself lately. As most of you know we got Lola a lot earlier then anticipated but you do what you have to. She is now almost 13 weeks and a ham already weighs 26 lbs, she has gained 13 pounds in just under 5 weeks. She is a handful she is struggling with potty training a lot!!! We have tried everything that I have learned on EBN and that we could find on line and nothing is clicking with her still we have only had 3 days when she hasn't peed after a few hours of being at work. The vet has said that everything seems fine no room for concern just something she will grow out of. Well this morning I noticed some discharged coming from her girl parts the vet said it could be a bladder infection or vaginitis but would need a test to say for sure. She doesn't have swelling a fever or excessive licking. I called Loki's vet and she didn't seem to concerned with it either. We haven't had a girl dog before so what is happening? Please help I am sick of giving her bathes or rinses every day! I know that she hates it too :( on positive not Loki is the most amazing big brother ever! He loves and cares for Lola so much it is the best thing to watch him teach her new things every day. He doesn't like when she gets scolded which is hard but what can you do lol

good to see you girl! glad the kids are doing well and Loki is being the great big-bro we knew he would be.

just in case... are you remembering the time limit guideline for holding their bladder? 1 hour more than they are old, so id she is 4 months she can only hold for 5 hours.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online