help! could it be allergies?

karmabully143

Mar 16, 2014
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
I have a new bulldog puppy. I have gotten her switched from the pedigree can food the breeder had been feeding to blue buffalo wilderness puppy grain free and now after about a week all around her mouth and on upper part of chest is bright pink in color. Could this be an allergy to something in the blue wilderness? Should I switch foods again already? And what are some other brands that I could try for dogs with allergies. I am using stainless steel food and water bowls do I don't think that's the problem. Thanks

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Yes, it could be allergies. However, food allergies typically show up in the feet. Are her eyes red?
It could be a yeast infection. Does your pup lick her feet a lot? Do het feet smell like corn chips or does her skin or ears smell yeasty?
Is their any hair loss? It could also be demodex.

OP
K

karmabully143

Mar 16, 2014
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Her feet are fine the pinkness around mouth and nose just started yesterday but tonight she started scratching her ear....yes her eyes r red? No hair loss

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Food allergies can show up on their face or anywhere on their body. It does sound like an allergy. Try a different protein food. If the food has chicken in it, try one that doesn't have chicken in it.

OP
K

karmabully143

Mar 16, 2014
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks, the blue buffalo's main ingredient is chicken. I think I am going to try taste of the wild pacific stream with salmon or the venison. I have heard good things about both of these, any suggestions on which one to try or any other brands?

Staff online

Members online